10. My Week – I went to the pumpkin patch for the last time on a preschool field trip (next year my youngest will be in Kindergarten). It was kind of bitter sweet but so much fun. Four year olds are a crazy bunch :) I am no longer acknowledging the hot tub that is sitting in my driveway. We now are handing over our life savings to an electrician who needs to install a complete new electrical system in our house. And there is talk of a contractor….*weeping* ;)
9. This morning I posted my review of The Spy Who Saved Christmas, and I mentioned that it is my first Harlequin Intrigue read. I really liked it, and I also really like to buy books – can you believe it? So give me some recommendations for other authors in this category!
8. Lots of messy Dorchester news going around. It sounds like many authors are not getting paid, even though their books are still being sold. Yikes. For a complete wrap up visit Smart Bitches or Katiebabs.
7. I discovered the Gerard Butler Gals website this week. This website is a big deal!! They have a Gerard Butler Convention weekend in Vegas next summer. After searching through this site I realize I have failed Brandon Flowers. Why does Gerard get all this attention. Besides his amazing arms and accent. *drool* *slobber* Does Brandon Flowers need his own fangirl convention? Smexy thinks he does. Hell, BFlow lives in Vegas. I could set up in his front yard. (Ok, so that is my stalker side talking) ;)
6. With all the reviews posted at Smexy, there are many times when I read a book and nothing works to the point I say, dear book, I quit you. This happened three times this week. First it was In Dreams Begin by Sklyer White. While I enjoyed her first book, and, Falling Fly, this one was just too out there for me. Next, Dark Viking by Sandra Hill. When the word “hooey” was used, and was suppose to be funny, I knew I wouldn’t like it. The humor is just not my type of humor. And finally, Sinful in Satin by Madeline Hunter. This one is getting good reviews on Goodreads. I liked it – to a point. But it was very slow, and serious and it just didn’t hold my interest. However, I ended the week with Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis and it got me out of my slump!! Such a cute story that I will review next week.
5. Hey, Tori here. No Friday 56 today doooodes…I’m talking smut instead.
For months Mandi (smexybooks) and K.c. (smokinhotbooks) have sang the praises of smut to me. I’m talking “in your face -you don’t want the kids seeing this” smut. M/M smut. :) So I bought my first one-LB Gregg’s Catch Me If You Can and I was a goner. OMG-why did I resist so long? It’s fantabulous. Ava March-tree smex? Helloo? I’ve read it like 5 times now. M/M gives great visual and plot w/out the whininess of adding a woman. And I’m sorry but when you add a women you enviably get whininess. While I like a good m/f/m I find those are still a bit unbelievable. I can’t phantom 1 women wanting to be w/ 2 or more men. Then they throw the whole, “Everyone loves everyone-let’s get married.” Uhhh, no. Even in a fantasy realm I ain’t buying it. Add a brother or sister sharing scenario to the mix and I’m outta here. I picture my siblings/bed and *shudder*. Not going there. And then we have the “stretch” issue. I know you all think about it. Don’t lie and say you don’t. Being w/ 2 or more men 2-3 times a day is gonna give a whole new meaning to the word, “incontinence.”
So thank you to Mandi, K.c. and all you other smutty vixens who pushed me off the cliff. I’m forever in your debt. :)
4. Josh Lanyon is now on Twitter. Go stalk follow.
3. Ash, from Smash Attack Reads MET JOE MANGANIELLO (who played Alcide on True Blood this past season)!!! Holy perfect abs she is so lucky!! Go HERE to read about her experience. I adore his expression in the picture taken with her ;)
2. I’ve started my Christmas shopping. I love to shop, so buying presents for people is one of my favorite things to do. What is that hubs? Why is my credit card so high? Christmas hubs!! You can’t get upset over Christmas now ;)
Hubs wants to know what I want. Honestly, I have the hardest time coming up with ideas for myself. I want a new screen for my iPhone (it is still cracked from BFlow concert – of course I’m going to see BFLow in Nov, so I don’t want to fix it quite yet…HAHA) And there are some books that I only have on my Kindle that I NEED in print – like the Downside series by Stacia Kane. Terrible needs to be on my shelves y’all. Oh, and I need the Kindel 3. I do. Ok, so maybe I do have some ideas for myself. What about you guys? What is on your Christmas list?
1. Besides a trip to the pumpkin patch with the family, I am diving into Game Over by Taylor Keating (writing team of Catherine Verge and Paula Fox). HAPPY FRIDAY!