10. My week – Hmmm..what did I do this week. I took my MIL to a wine bar for the first time. (for her, not for me..HA!) And I bought tickets to see Brandon Flowers in Atlantic City. It’s a win win for me and the hubs – he loves AC, and I love…well…you know who. ;) Hot tub update – We now realize the brick patio the hot tub is going to be sitting on needs to be supported with concrete. Maybe 2012 we will actually be able to use the thing?
8. Big news from Nalini Singh. Kiss of Snow, Hawke and Sienna’s book due out next year in her Psy/Changeling series will come out in hardcover!! Yay Nalini!!! For those that must have their books match, the paperback will be released six months later. P.S – I’ve read Play of Passion – I LOVED it. Review coming at the end of the month.
7. Tori’s Friday 56.
“First things first.” Dusty said in measured tones. “ Someone hand Stevie Wonder here a ziplock baggie. I want a soil sample.”
The Visitant by Kathleen O’Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear
Released-August 1, 1999
How to play Friday 56.
● Grab the book nearest you. Right now
● Turn to page 56.
● Find the fifth sentence.
● Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
● Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
6. One of my favorite books – Outlander by Diana Gabaldon is going to become a movie. Now, this kind of thing always makes me very nervous. I adore Outlander – Jamie (young scottish, virgin hero) and Claire (time travels back to 1743 by accident and meets Jamie) are the BEST couple. And now it is rumored – brace yourselves – that Katherine Heigl will be playing Claire. Excuse me while I vomit. Seriously? I was so worried about who would play Jamie (nothing confirmed yet) that I wasn’t even thinking about Claire. BOO to Katherine Heigl! She is just not Claire…at all.
5. Big news from Leanna Renee Hieber! Coming in November 2011, a new Victorian Paranormal YA series – Magic Most Foul. Go HERE to read the announcement on her blog. It will be releasing through Sourcebooks. Congrats Leanna!! If you haven’t read her Percy Parker series yet, you are missing out!
4. I was introduced to Sweet Tea Vodka this week. I’m usually don’t like sweet drinks, but holy wow this stuff is good. It is like drinking – well – ice tea ;) Mix it with a little lemonade and have yourself a good time ;)
3. A few days ago I read the very short, Pricks and Pragmatism by J.L. Merrow. I just selected it by random because I was in the mood for a m/m book. Overall, I really liked it. Told in the point of view of Luke, this author has a very witty, fun voice. I giggled a lot! Luke is a student and has no money. He kind of finds places to stay with other men for free, in exchange for sex. Although it is kind of a sad situation, he enjoys himself ;) After he runs his course with his current lover, he ends up at Russell’s flat. Russell is really nerdy, full beard (rawr!) and a virgin (DOUBLE RAWR). They are strangers when Luke moves in, and the book is really about them getting to know each other. Russell is more serious and shy then Luke, so they have a lot of learning to do about each other. It’s funny, and sweet, and my only complaint is the end. We wait the whole book for them to get together, and boom, it’s done. I wanted to see them in a relationship for more than just a few pages. I’m greedy! ;) I give this a 3.5/5 and definitely recommend. I really want to try more stuff from this author!
2. Check out this bad boy. Yesterday I saw Cara McKenna (who wrote Willing Victim which I just read and LOVED) tweet that she has a new novella coming out today, Dirty Thirty. In her words – “Dirty Thirty is a short, filthy [in the proud, sex-positive sense], rather sweet little m/m/f romp. Special emphasis on the m/m.” HELLO! I know what I am doing tonight. Go HERE to purchase. You know you want to ;) Find me on Twitter tonight and we can talk about it!
1. This weekend hubs and I are going to a wedding and we have a Saturday full of soccer :) I will be digging into Hard to Hold by Julie Leto – it is a new series of books based on real life couples. Happy Weekend!!