10. My week: I love this time of year. One kid came home in a pilgrim hat, another in an indian headdress. And they are young enough to want to wear them…constantly. Today, as this posts, I will be at the preschool fire station field trip. Mmmmm….firefighters. I mean – we will be there to learn about fire safety! (psst – I’ll sneak a pic!)
9. This week, I received a little gift in the mail from Julie (Yummy Men, Kick Ass Chicks) – Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning. Julie read it and loved it and awhile ago, Sophia from Fiction Vixen sent me many emails exclaiming how dirty and sexy this book is. So I dove into the sexy rock star book and LOVED it. Okay, there were a couple of things that I didn’t love, but overall I had the best time reading this book. It is SO DIRTY. Dirty as in – there is a lot of crazy sex in this book. But also, the hero Brian is barfing his drunk guts up in chapter one and then proceeds to have a huge sex scene with Myrna. Ok, kinda gross. But it works for me. And, I adored the relationship between all the band members. I laughed so much in some scenes. My favorite quote came as I was laughing:
My favorite quote: “Did you just come in my hair?
Myrna, asks that. And she is not asking Brian…….naughty stuff.
I wrote a brief review on Goodreads HERE. Can’t wait for the next book!!!!
8. Speaking of dirty, I found the website – Damn You Auto Correct. How many times have I sent a text (or email) and stupid auto correct fills in the wrong word! This website has hundreds of examples – I discovered it very late at night, and the more I read, the harder I laughed. Might not be quite as funny in the bright daylight.
7. Cover alert – The Chase by Erin McCarthy. Book #4 in her Fast Track series. I’m late to the game – I’ve only read #3, Hot Finish, but they are fun and sexy books.
6. A few days ago, Gena Showalter hosted a one hour chat on Twitter. As I have said, I haven’t got to Showalter yet, so I could not partake in the squeeing and “omg” tweets as she gave away information. If you are a fan, and you missed this – you can search for the hashtag #chatpad on Twitter, HERE. Or, Smokin Hot Books or Jo Jo’s Bookcorner has nice wrap ups.
5. Look at this great deal for your Kindle! All four of Zoe Archer’s Blades of the Rose books for $9.99. Go HERE. I’m reading the fourth book, Stranger right now and I adore it. I will say, Warrior, book one, is the slowest of the group. I liked it, but I think the other three have that extra special something. This series is a definite must read!
4. Joe Manganiello. Wet….dirty…leaves Smexy speechless. (Thank you Bells for posting this!!!!)
2. Tori, Sophia and I had a great time discussing Darkfever yesterday! Go HERE to read the post. Karen Marie Moning stopped by and told us why the word “Fever” is in each of her titles. See comment #199. No time to linger though! Next up is Bloodfever to be discussed December 9th.
1. This weekend we are seeing Harry Potter..yay! I’m also finishing up Stranger. It’s a big boy at 480 pages…but I’m totally in love with the hero Catullus Graves. He might even make my boyfriend list. I’ll keep you updated.