Smexy’s Top Ten–November 19th

10. My week: I love this time of year. One kid came home in a pilgrim hat, another in an indian headdress. And they are young enough to want to wear them…constantly. Today, as this posts, I will be at the preschool fire station field trip. Mmmmm….firefighters. I mean – we will be there to learn about fire safety! (psst – I’ll sneak a pic!)

Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1)9. This week, I received a little gift in the mail from Julie (Yummy Men, Kick Ass Chicks) – Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning. Julie read it and loved it and awhile ago, Sophia from Fiction Vixen sent me many emails exclaiming how dirty and sexy this book is. So I dove into the sexy rock star book and LOVED it. Okay, there were a couple of things that I didn’t love, but overall I had the best time reading this book. It is SO DIRTY. Dirty as in – there is a lot of crazy sex in this book. But also, the hero Brian is barfing his drunk guts up in chapter one and then proceeds to have a huge sex scene with Myrna. Ok, kinda gross. But it works for me. And, I adored the relationship between all the band members. I laughed so much in some scenes. My favorite quote came as I was laughing:

My favorite quote: “Did you just come in my hair?

Myrna, asks that. And she is not asking Brian…….naughty stuff.

I wrote a brief review on Goodreads HERE. Can’t wait for the next book!!!!

damn you auto correct funny iphone fails and blunders8. Speaking of dirty, I found the website – Damn You Auto Correct. How many times have I sent a text (or email) and stupid auto correct fills in the wrong word! This website has hundreds of examples – I discovered it very late at night, and the more I read, the harder I laughed. Might not be quite as funny in the bright daylight.

7. Cover alert – The Chase by Erin McCarthy. Book #4 in her Fast Track series. I’m late to the game – I’ve only read #3, Hot Finish, but they are fun and sexy books.

6. A few days ago, Gena Showalter hosted a one hour chat on Twitter. As I have said, I haven’t got to Showalter yet, so I could not partake in the squeeing and “omg” tweets as she gave away information. If you are a fan, and you missed this – you can search for the hashtag #chatpad on Twitter, HERE. Or, Smokin Hot Books or Jo Jo’s Bookcorner has nice wrap ups.

The Blades of the Rose Bundle: Warrior, Scoundrel, Rebel, & Stranger5. Look at this great deal for your Kindle! All four of Zoe Archer’s Blades of the Rose books for $9.99. Go HERE. I’m reading the fourth book, Stranger right now and I adore it. I will say, Warrior, book one, is the slowest of the group. I liked it, but I think the other three have that extra special something. This series is a definite must read!

4. Joe Manganiello. Wet….dirty…leaves Smexy speechless. (Thank you Bells for posting this!!!!)

3. I’ve mentioned the blog Hyperbole and a Half written by Allie Brosh before. But I can’t pass this post up. If you own a dog – this will make you laugh. I smexy swear. Read HERE.

link to Bloodfever section2. Tori, Sophia and I had a great time discussing Darkfever yesterday! Go HERE to read the post. Karen Marie Moning stopped by and told us why the word “Fever” is in each of her titles. See comment #199. No time to linger though! Next up is Bloodfever to be discussed December 9th.

1. This weekend we are seeing Harry Potter..yay! I’m also finishing up Stranger. It’s a big boy at 480 pages…but I’m totally in love with the hero Catullus Graves. He might even make my boyfriend list. I’ll keep you updated.

Comments

1. Julie says

Oooo Cattulus on the boyfriend list?! Can't wait for his book. And I'm totally checking out that "Damn You Auto Correct" site. Some of them will probably make their way into my Silly Stuff one day. That one was too funny! And I'm still insanely excited that KMM showed up to explain 'Fever'! Total rockstar moment!
    Happy Weekend :)

2. Mandi says

Bells…thank you ;)

Julie – that site is funny, funny stuff

KB – I frown upon RR as the sexiest man alive!

FV – hehehehehe

3. Ava March says

OMIG – I hadn't laughed that hard in days!! The auto correct post – yep, it is just as funny in the bright daylight. And the hyperbole and a half – I laughed so hard my stomach now hurts. My dog is totally that neurotic helper dog. Just gets worried over nothing and frets to no end. And I used to have a rottie that was simple dog to a tee.

Thanks! Have a great weekend, and don't forget to post pics of the firefighters ;)

4. Chris says

LOL – my friend Jeanne can't read Damn You Autocorrect at work because she keeps spraying water on her monitor when she's overtaken with laughter…

5. Scorpio M. says

I am so happy that I waited to buy the Zoe Archer books! Finally a
    e-book deal that's in the readrer's favor. Sounds like a great series.

6. Pamela {Spaz} says

HOLD UP! Joe M is NARRATING SOMETHING??????? Please confirm so I can go buy that ASAP.

Oh thank you so much for the Damn You Auto Correct feature – I must go there right now! LOLOLOL

7. tori aka ggs_closet says

LMAO over Damn You Auto Correct. Hilarious.

I can't WAIT for Bloodfever discussion.

I remember the little kidlet hats. I still have her dutch hat thingy from preschool. *sniff* So cute. We had the firefighters at our school last week. Yum to the num.

8. Kristin says

Hey Mandi,
    OMG, thanks for recommending Hyperbole and a Half, I died laughing and I swear Allie is referring to my two dogs!! As for Backstage Pass – Im with ya on loving it!! Although, I also have a few issues with the story!! Like…the big bad villian/ex-husband, Jason being a total wimp!! Anywho, the smexy scenes were HAWT!! (Eric getting paybacks with Brian's hat, hee, hee!!)

Anywho, have a great weekend!!

Kristin
    Nocturnal Bites

9. Celise says

I am intrigued. I'm going to have to check out that book by Olivia Cunning. BTW, I heard that they're rebooting the SUPERMAN franchise for 2012 and Joe's in the running to be the Caped Crusader. As is John Cena and Dwayne Johnson (er?). Here's hoping Joe makes the cut. I'd love to see him in blue tights and red cape. Or…y'know…just the red cape. LOL. Coming to you via Book Lover's Hideaway. Once I get my own romance book review site up, I will be a faithful follower.

10. Lily Child says

Aw, I always love your top ten posts! I agree, it's a great time of year. I love fall! It must be so darling to see your kids get into the spirit of it all! :)

11. Janna says

I've borrowed the Olivia Cunning book from Leontine after reading all the great reviews.

That auto correct site is hilarious. I've send numerous stupid text messages thanks to auto correct, never that funny. ;)

Oh Joe looks droolicious all wet and dirty!

Have fun with Harry Potter! And I hope you have a fab weekend. :D

12. Mandi says

Chris – LOL..it's a funny, funny site!

Blodeuedd – *wipes drool*

PH – I will prob show up there one day ;)

Scorpio – YAY! It is a great deal and a very fun series!

Pamela – YES…follow the link Mary K submitted….

13. A Buckeye Girl Reads says

I loved Backstage Pass and am glad you liked it! You got a comment from Karen Marie Moning? Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!

14. orannia says

That photo of Joe is….sooo goood! *fans self*

When the library books stop drowning me (more books turned up than I realized) and I get my UF mojo back I think I might try the Fever series :)

15. Twimom227 says

Well, now that it's Monday, I'm already into next week! Oh well. That auto correct site is hilarious. I just get mad when I want to cuss and it changes the word like sh*t become shot and so on!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I truly value this publish. I’ve been searching all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve produced my day! Thank you once more!

Trackbacks