10. My Week – It’s hot y’all!!! And yes, I was just complaining how cold it was a few weeks ago. If it is not a steady 75, I’m going to whine. It’s the beginning of June and we’ve already reached 97. That’s not cool mother nature. Take it back.
9. One of my fav authors, Marie Sexton had a book come out this week! Between Sinners and Saints is a somewhat heavy book that deals with Levi, who is out to his Mormon family, but not accepted (and is quite the playboy.) And Jamie, who was sexually abused as a child and as a result, does not like anyone to touch him and has ocd about many aspects of his life. These two meet when Levi goes to Jamie for a massage therapy session. (Jamie can touch people as long as he is in control). Levi is attracted, but it takes a while for him to understand why Jamie refuses all advances from him. From here they form a friendship and start helping the other deal with family and past abuse issues. I like how the romance unfolds very slowly, and how patient Levi is with Jamie’s issues. I would have liked it more if Levi’s family had not been in it as much. I just didn’t like them – which I know is the point, but I got tired of reading their scenes. Overall though, it is a very sweet romance, a bit of a darker book that I liked. I would rate it a C+. Goodreads.
8. AHHHH!! Cover alert for The Black Hawk – Adrian Hawker’s story. Finally. I. Can’t. Wait. For. This. Book. For those not familiar with Joanna Bourne – go read The Spymaster’s Lady immediately. And then read The Forbidden Rose. (There is also My Lord and Spymaster but I haven’t read it – but you probably should too You will meet Adrian, along with other wonderful characters. She does historical spy books so well. The Black Hawk is out November 1st.
Here is the first excerpt released:
“My lover is an Englishman. This cannot continue.*
Her bed was so full of Hawker. His body disconcerted her, always, with its fierce energies concentrated inside his skin. He lay on his back, half naked, his head turned toward her, his arm across his chest upon the sheet. She did not think he had broken any ribs, but he was holding pain inside him as he slept.
He lay, sunk fathoms deep in exhaustion. All the deadly knowledge of his blood and bone was quiescent. He was like a well-honed sword someone had carefully set down. Sometimes she forgot how beautiful he was when they had been apart for a long time.
Cover and excerpt found at The Write Enchilada
KLB was founded by Katina, Larissa, and Bells because of their love of books. KLB offers several different services which include Blog and Web designs as well as various swag items i.e Bookmarks, Romance Trading Cards, and stationary. We also do Blog Events that include Virtual Book Journeys (Blog Tours) and Blog Events. There are a lot of packages to choose from. More information can be found on our website.
Check them out!
6. Courtney Milan announced on her blog Tuesday, that she is entering the self-publishing world. After her second Turner book is released with Harlequin this fall, the third in that series and future books will be self-published. It looks like one of the main sticking points is that Harlequin only pays her 8% of the digital cover price of the book. Also what I find interesting – she had to push to keep Mark, the hero of her next book, Unclaimed a virgin. I SEEK out virgin heroes!! Maybe that is just me, but why are publishers frowning on this? She also wants to write a “belowstairs” romance (no Dukes and earls). This excites me!! Overall, I think this is great news. Courtney Milan released a self-published novella earlier this week, Unlocked, which is amazing. (She also blogged at Smart Bitches and Dear Author)
(Move over Barrons and Bones, Khal is Smexy’s new #1 boyfriend)
5. Boys and girls – we need to have a talk. A few weeks ago, KC from Smokin’ Hot books tweeted a video to me of Khal (played by Jason Momoa) from Game of Thrones having a mighty smex scene in a tent.(I included it in my top ten) At that time, I had not seen Game of Thrones, but I was quite intrigued with this clip (fine, I was intrigued with Jason Momoa’s butt, okay!)
After prodding from a few other friends, I started watching this show. I’m obsessed. I mean – I’M OBSESSED. It’s all I talk about. Hubs (who also really likes it) and I watched 7 episodes in about three days. It’s violent, it’s action-packed, and the political game is so intriguing. I’ve actually started reading the book (which so far the tv show is following very closely).
And since I’m me – I have to disclose how obsessed I am with Khal’s “moobs”. (Man boobs! I hope everyone knew that). I mean – they are epic moobs. Bells even suggested I get a skin for my Kindle with Khal on there and name my kindle Moob. Because I’m weird like that, I’m totally doing it.
4. Thanks to a heads up from Jess on Twitter, I found these SMEXY photos of ASkars. Are we ready for True Blood? I think so.
For all the pics go HERE.
3. I LOVE Snape. That is all.
2. I’m one short for the top ten today, so why not head to Blunt Card (which I LOVE so hard). I have two boys. I will be “The mother in law” for both of my kids! But will I be THE mother in law, or the fun mother in law? I can just hear my sons future wives now – “Look at your mother – surrounded by her smutty books and cheap boxed wine!”
Don’t take away my babies!!
1. As you read this, Bells and I are in my van on the way to the Lori Foster Reader & Author Getaway! Woohoo!! Hopefully at this point Bells and I are in Ohio., Who knew Cincinnati was so far away from Maryland? Not us. LOL. I can’t wait to meet all the authors, bloggers and readers who are coming! I’ll be sure to blog about it next week. Happy Friday!