9. In case you haven’t entered yet, Ilona Andrews is giving away two arcs of Gunmetal Magic on their blog (book releases 7/31). This will be Andrea’s book, in her Kate Daniel’s series. So go enter! Contest ends tomorrow.
8. This coming Tuesday, Larissa Ione will be releasing The Lords of Deliverance Compendium (in ebook format only). A behind the scenes look with character descriptions, Reader Q&A, a brand new short story and an extended look at her next book in this series, Lethal Rider. And, it is only $.99! Amazon, B&N.
7. I’m not a fan of the Fifty Shades series. Well, I should say I DNF’d book one around the 50% mark and did not read book two or three. However, I’ve heard Bared to You by Sylvia Day is a good ‘Fifty’ alternative. (Thanks to Kati for rec). I’m about halfway through this one and I am enjoying it. The hero is extremely wealthy, intense, broken guy with stalker tendencies. Sounds hot right? LOL. Heroine is trying to resist this guy, but he wears her down. I like this heroine MUCH more than the girl in Fifty Shades. This book has that ‘cracky’ feel to me – the kind of book that I’m not 100% sure about, but I have to read it. I have to know why Gideon Cross is so tortured, yet so damn sexy. Dear Author has a nice review of it. It’s currently $3.82 at Amazon (Full length novel) and $4.99 at B&N
6. Cover Alert! Double Time by Olivia Cunning, book three in her Sinners on Tour series. I enjoyed book one, Backstage Pass. It was dirty, and funny. Book two was not good. I couldn’t stand the hero. But how can I resist this one with a bi-sexual hero? I kind of wish there was not a suspense plot in these books – why can’t we just have slutty rock stars? What? Also, don’t you think there are a lack of rock star books in the romance genre? Or am I just missing out?
We still have awhile to wait though. This one is not scheduled to be released until November – almost 18 months after book 2.
5. Prepare yourself. Earlier this week, Sarah tweeted me a link to this video. Firefighter + Kitten + Alcoholic Beverage = A Lusty Smexy. Take a look:
I’m not sure if there is anything better than this. A fireman must make all of my drinks from now on!
4. Last week I drooled all over the Magic Mike trailer. So of course now I’m a Channing Tatum stalker. Which means I also must go see GI Joe 2 this summer. Channing Tatum + Big Gun = Probably cheesy times, but also possibly Smexy cheesy times. Am I right? (I haven’t seen the first GI Joe yet. I’m failing in my Tatum stalking. Is it worth a view?)
3. Last week I blabbed about Shame with Michael Assbender (oops, did I leave off the ‘F’?). I did watch it and I actually ended up really liking it. And not just because we see Fassy’s butt about 100 times. (Okay, totally because of that). It’s super depressing. The ending is NOT a happy one. But, it is such a well done movie. So I definitely recommend but don’t expect to be happy when it is over. LOL. Teaser – at one point in the movie, Fassy walks into a gay club. That’s all I’m sayin’.
Speaking of Fassy, Claudia sent me a clip from when he was on Top Gear (I love that show) this year. He drives a fast car around the 8:40 mark. I love to hear him talk though…he is so cute.
2. David Gandy fans. Are you ready? In this video, he talks about his workout. We get to watch him do push-ups while clapping behind his back..and…he says the word ‘nipple’.
Gandy can do push-ups over me any day he wants. True story. (Thanks Crystal for the link!)
1. I saw Kenda tweet her recipe for White Sangria this week. Go HERE for full recipe. I think this weekend I need to make this. Maybe more than once *grins* I’m currently reading Patch of Darkness by Yolanda Sfetsos, which is the start of a new UF series about a ‘spook catcher.’ So far so good. I hope everyone has a fun, smexy weekend!