10. Today’s Top Ten is brought to you by Tom Hardy, who is just bad-ass to the core. According to this research, women have ‘Ovulation Goggles’ that draw us to the bad boys. If it draws me to Tom Hardy, I don’t have a problem. (Thanks H&H for the post!) Who do your Ovulation Goggles draw you to?
9. J.R. Ward released her cover for Rapture, book 4 in her Fallen Angel series. Ummm…where did our sexy fallen angel covers go? I’m not sure about this. I will say, I enjoyed the previous book, Envy much more than the first two, so I am looking forward to this one. But I say cover fail. Rapture releases September 25 (in hard cover)
8. Eternal Kiss of Darkness, which is Mencheres’s book, is now $1.99 for Kindle. It is set in her Night Huntress world, but can be read as a stand alone. I liked this one. I’ve also read an arc of Once Burned (out next month), her upcoming book featuring Vlad (which will be at least a two book series) and it is really good. I think the past two Bones and Cat books have just been okay, but this one seems to really bring back what I love about this world.
Bea McIntyre fell for an old scheme and ended up the mistress—or actually, the sex slave—of a dissolute rancher named Murdock. Escaping in the middle of the night with only a few small treasures, she has no real plan except to get away.
When her mare bruises a hoof, Bea winds up at the blacksmith shop of Angus O’Toole. All she can offer him for his help is herself, but he seems to be satisfied with that bargain.
When Murdock sends his hired guns after her, things get dicey. But Bea is no hothouse flower. Between her and Angus, they heat up the days and nights, yet will they also triumph over the black hats?
Damn, I hate it when I fall for that darn sex slave scheme! I think I have to read this one. It’s not on Goodreads and has no ratings on Amazon, so it might be a stinker. But it might be a fun stinker. We shall see.
6. Vampire Book Club is hosting another Alpha Showdown. They pit 16 alphas (both male and female) against each other and we get to vote for who we think is the most bad ass. This year, I’m championing Dmitri from Archangel’s Blade by Nalini Singh. Why you should vote for him:
Dmitri will kill all of your enemies then make nasty, dirty love to you all while smelling like chocolate and champagne
Nothing can beat that.
I have a lot of fun doing this and I can’t thank Chelsea enough for inviting me! Go vote and have fun!
5. Just in case you needed another dose of Magic Mike Promo. I WILL talk about this movie until it releases in late June. Can I just hop in the middle of that group? And because I’m now obsessed with Channing Tatum, I rented The Vow a few days ago. Horrible movie, BUT, we get to see Channing’s butt for a good three seconds. Totally worth the rental fee. What?
*Bites lip* Oh Channing.
4.Have you seen the SNL skit about Fifty Shades of Grey? Take a look, it will make you laugh.
3. Do you like men with beards? (of course you do!) Do you like kittens? 30 cute bearded boys with cats. You are welcome.
2. I can’t let these new ‘Assbender’ pics from this June’s GQ pass by without posting them. Excuse my unbuttoned pants above. Fassy and I were having a moment.
See all eight pics HERE.
1. This weekend I will be reading Armed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux! Finally! So excited for this one. I’ll have a review up next week. Have a great Friday everyone!