Blay leaned in, his upper lip peeling back from his fangs. “Just so we’re clear, your cousin is giving me what I need. All day long. Every day. You and me?” He motioned back and forth between them with the cigarette. “We work together. That’s it. So I want you to do us both a favor before you think I ‘need’ to know something. Ask yourself, ‘If I were flipping burgers at McDonald’s, would I be telling the fuckking fry guy this?’ If the answer is no, then shut the hell up.”
Wait. Blay and Qhuinn aren’t in love and having the dirty sex by page 43?? WTF JR Ward?
I kid. I kid. This book will kill me. Per Ward, this book came in at 189,000 words. For comparison purposes, about 10,000 less than Tohr’s book.
I let out a shaky breath. “You’re a delicious extravagance for a woman, you know. A luscious, mouthwatering—”
“Shut up.” He dragged me under him before I knew his intent. “I’m filthy rich, but you just want me for my body.”
Read the full excerpt HERE. (Why do I love Gideon so much?)
7. Now to things that are not sexy, why does one of my absolute favorite series get covers like these? *sobs* I feel like this will make people not familiar with the series hesitate to try it. And this series is soooo sexy. Anyway….Riptide released the blurb to Touch & Geaux this week!!!
After having their faces plastered across the news during a high-profile case, FBI Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have become more useful to the Bureau posing for photo ops than working undercover. Just as Zane is beginning to consider retirement a viable option, Ty receives a distress call from a friend, leading them to a city rife with echoes from the past.
New Orleans wears its history on its streets, and it’s the one place Ty’s face could get him killed. Surrounded by trouble as soon as they land, Ty and Zane are swiftly confronted with a past from which Ty can’t hide—one with a surprising connection to Zane’s.
As threats close in from all directions, both men must come to terms with the lives they’ve led and the lies they’ve told. They soon discover that not all their secrets are out yet, and nothing lasts forever.
If you follow Abigail Roux on Tumblr, you will have noticed there is a character named Liam Bell that may come between Ty and Zane, or something like that. Here is the link to the Tag for Liam Bell (who she casts as Tom Hardy. Sweet jesus). It makes me all very nervous. I seriously am dying for this book – set to release this April. And as always, if you have yet to read this series – start with Cut & Run – and catch up by April!
6. Sourcebooks is getting into the Christmas spirit! Sign up HERE, and then every morning from December 1-25 you will get an email telling you which ebook will be on sale that day. Also when you sign up, you will be entered to win two ereaders, one for you and one for a friend.
5. Nalini Singh is an evil, evil woman. See how the cover above is blank? Per the blurb for Psy/Changeling #12 set to release June 2013:
Get ready for a major event in the smash-hit New York Times bestselling series—a secret finally revealed, and fans are guaranteed an epic surprise.
In 2006, Nalini Singh introduced the beguiling and sensual Psy/Changeling world in Slave to Sensation, which spawned a series that has had readers and critics cheering. Throughout the incredible 11-book run there has been one question that has tantalized Nalini’s legion of fans. Now, in the eagerly-awaited twelfth book in the series, Nalini Singh finally reveals the answer to the biggest Psy/Changeling mystery—an answer so surprising we wouldn’t dare spoil it. Even if we knew.
Features a secret so shocking, the title can’t be revealed until publication
Oh the torture!!!! So this has to be the Ghost’s book…but who is the Ghost? Kaleb? Right? No? Read this post at Dear Author and come back and tell me Kaleb is not the ghost.
4. Do you want to see hot men rowing nakey? Of course you do!!! The University of Warwick Boat club have released a trailer of behind the scenes footage of them shooting their 2013 calendar. And the best part is, it’s all for charity, which means there is no guilt. Watch the nakey for charity y’al!! (they also frolic through a meadow naked).
All proceeds support one of my favorite charities, the Ben Cohen Stand Up Foundation. As I highlighted earlier this year, Ben Cohen has his own 2013 calendar. In case you need a refresher on his video. *wink*
3. This comes from a cute website that collects the least helpful reviews. At least I know never to buy these penis earphones! Whew.
2. If I was on an elevator and the lights went out and when they came back on there was that little girl screaming at me, I would pee my pants. I’m not kidding!!! A scary yet really funny prank. These poor people. LOLOLOLOL.
1. Could this be the most PERFECT FOOD EVER INVENTED???? Wine Ice Cream. Zomg. 5% alcohol - each pint has the equivalent to a 6 ounce glass of wine. Flavors include: Cherry Merlot, Chocolate Cabernet, Peach White Zinfandel, Port, Red Raspberry Chardonnay and Riesling. They will even mail it to your house on dry ice. For more info go here.
Happy Friday everyone!!