9. Last week during the RWA conference, the Ritas and Golden Heart winners were announced! You can see a list of the winners HERE. I was happy to see Laura Griffin win for Scorched. I think she is one of the best romantic suspense authors out there. I also adore Sarah Morgan’s contemporaries. And Sarah MacLean has a nice historical voice.
8. I think Derby Girl by Tamara Morgan is one of the most striking covers I’ve seen. I love it. It releases in late August. You can read the blurb at Goodreads.
7. I’m currently reading Run to You by Charlotte Stein, which released yesterday. It features a huge, hairy Hungarian hero and a heroine who is all awkward with no self confidence. Oh – and it’s verra dirty. I have a weak spot for Charlotte Stein’s voice. I’ll be reviewing it next week. But just in case you need something to read over the weekend… Goodreads l Kindle l Nook
Earlier on Facebook this week, Becks released a seven second video of him putting a shirt ON. My poor little brain couldn’t grasp the idea that Becks would put a shirt on rather than just leave it off.
But then I saw the full version of this video, which happens to be a new fragrance campaign *stops to think about what Becks smells like*. And the full video is pretty fabulous.
5. Even more fabulous…the way Buzzfeed breaks down the Becks video.
In particular – Becks back:
AND – as Buzzfeed says,
”When he stares into his own eyes and he’s like, “Would you do me?”
YES Becks. Yes we would.
4. I’ve seen much buzz on Twitter about the political drama, House of Cards. But it is a Netflix Original series, and for that reason I thought it would be lame. Recently though it received a bunch of Emmy nominations so my husband I decided to try it last night. We’ve watched the first two episodes and WHOA. It’s so good already! Kevin Spacey and his wife played by Robyn Wright are so evilly delicious. Add it to your list!
3. Mars have come out with a UNWRAPPED Starbursts. I don’t know how I feel about this. Easier access – but will they be all stuck together? Do I prefer a wrapped Starburst?? I might have to investigate this weekend.
2. For those who love a manicure, you now have a new goal to reach. A cuticle tattoo. Not an actual, permanent tattoo, but a temporary one from Rad Nails. What do we think? Do we need this?
1. This weekend I’m going to finish the Charlotte Stein, try In His Command and probably watch a lot of House of Cards. Tonight I’m going to a fondue dinner party. My contribution is Gouda fondue (really simple recipe of beer, gouda and a dash of gin at the end.) and I’m bringing this broth. It’s really yum! Have a great weekend!