9. Dabwaha voting is officially underway! What is Dabwaha you ask? It’s like March Madness for college basketball but for books! 64 books have been nominated, and they move to the next round if they get enough votes. It’s too late to submit a bracket, but anyone can vote! Go here to see what books are competing in the latest round. It’s fun. Check twitter too with the hashtag #dabwaha for some fun trash talking by authors.
8. Barnes & Nobles is having a “Start a Series” sale! Lots of first books in a series are 70% off. Get shopping!
A few I recommend: The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston.
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Untraceable by Laura Griffin
Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Something About You by Julie James
Crux by Moira Rogers
7. Patricia Briggs announced the next Alpha & Omega book will be titled DEAD HEAT and will be out spring of 2015. I think this is a fabulous urban fantasy series (set in same world as her Mercy series). I’ve been so impressed with each book -series listing.
6. Why am I not watching Teen Wolf? Tyler Hoechlin needs my eyes on him I think. Could he be any cuter??? Do I need to watch this show?
5. Speaking of television – I’m on the third season of Parks and Recreation and I absolutely adore this show. It’s really, really funny – but I also love how sweet it can be. Ron Swanson might be my most favorite character. And his scenes with his ex-wife are just….EPIC. Seriously, I’m obsessed with this show. It’s streaming on Netflix and Prime. Watch it.
Also – can we just take a moment to look at this picture of Chris Pratt (who plays Andy in Parks & Rec and was the voice of Emmett in Lego movie). DAYUM. (thx Penny for tweeting this!)
4. YOU GUYS. Let me tell you a little bit about how I eat an ice cream cone. I order the kiddie size, soft chocolate cone with sprinkles from Dairy Queen. I’ve had the same order for all 35 years of my life. I lick off the sprinkles and then open my car window and knock off the ice cream until the ice cream is even with the cone. Because who wants to eat ice cream without sprinkles or a bite of cone??? And then I see a picture of this – ice cream INSIDE a cone. Every bite would include cone. Now if only every bite would include sprinkles AND cone my life would be complete. Can this please happen. (I don’t know where this cone is from – found the image on imgur).
3. So this is kind of old news, but I never included it on my top ten and it’s SO top ten worthy. We all remember Neville Longbottom (aka Matthew Lewis) from the Harry Potter movies, yes? Boy has grown up. Grown up real well. He is in a new BBC show called Bluestone 42. I don’t know what is happening in the above scene, but yes to all of it. Go HERE for more hot gifs.
2. This was tweeted by Rachel and brought to my attention from Lea on Twitter. These two guys are amazing!!!! (and not too shabby on the eyes *wink*) A seriously incredible performance.
1. People are weird y’all. (link)
This weekend my youngest son turns 8. He is having his party at the local roller skating rink. I haven’t roller-skated for a VERY LONG time. Keep me in your thoughts.