10. HAPPY FRIDAY. (‘scuse me while I try to hump Chris Hemsworth’s bicep)
(there’s really no point in reading anymore. Just keep staring)
8. Two books notes from me: I read two books this week that I absolutely loved. One is out right now and one comes out next week. First – Rock Hard by Nalini Singh – Tori reviewed it earlier this week, and I just want to reiterate what she says in her review. This book is awesome. It’s a big, ex-rugby, high-powered, cranky boss (T-rex) and a mild-mannered, scared (dealing with abusive ex-boyfriend) wonderful heroine (mouse) and zomg. The tension in this book. It will make you melt. Read Tori’s review and then read the book this weekend. So well done.
I also just finished Trust the Focus by Megan Erickson – a New Adult M/M. The two heroes just graduated college and go on an RV trip across the country. One is out and the other is very secretly in the closet – but they both secretly lust after the other. When stuck in an RV for the summer – Feelings happen!! (And boners!) (someone on twitter said Smexy Books’ new tagline should be – Smexy Books: feelings and boners. — I’m feeling it)
I also demand more RV romances!!
7. The nominations have been announced for DABWAHA – the march madness of books. Brackets set up just like march madness for basketball, except we vote on our favorite books of 2014. If you have never participated, it’s super fun – espeically if you are on twitter during the voting. It can get intense – and silly and crazy. I think it can be a little confusing the first time you do it, so don’t hesitate to ask someone questions. LINK
— Emma Watson (@EmWatson) March 6, 2015
6. I’ve mentioned how Neville Longbottom has grown up in the past, but I think we all need a reminder. Thank you Hermione for reminding us!
5. Do you want to know what your state is best at? Take a look at this map (click to make it bigger). I’m from Maryland and we are best at least accidental deaths. Yay? Is this all us Marylanders have to look forward to? What about best wine drinkers? Or best romance readers who also drink wine?
Please take special notice of North Dakota. Ladies who live there – nice.
4. Speaking of North Dakota men…. For $122,000 you can buy land on an island shaped like a penis. What else could you want out of life??? You could call your husband Long Dong Silver, captain of Boner Island. (link)
3. Your Friday cute. I have two cats, I feel like I have not given them everything they need in life. (link)
2. What? I had to keep going with the penis theme today. My family is not Irish, but I still make the corned beef and cabbage and soda bread. I need to find a green dessert I suppose. Anyone have a good one? I’m not a fan of mint – and sooo many St. Patrick Day desserts are minty because of being green. I think I’ll make this green punch too – my boys will like it :)
1. The snow is melting. My boys have made mud puddles this week. Spring is on its way for sure. This weekend I plan to read Hearts of Fire by LH Cosway – it’s gotten some great reviews. I enjoy this author quite a bit. Have a great weekend!!!