Security specialist Bowen Knight has come back from the dead. But there’s a ticking time bomb in his head: a chip implanted to block telepathic interference that could fail at any moment—taking his brain along with it. With no time to waste, he should be back on land helping the Human Alliance. Instead, he’s at the bottom of the ocean, consumed with an enigmatic changeling…
Kaia Luna may have traded in science for being a chef, but she won’t hide the facts of Bo’s condition from him or herself. She’s suffered too much loss in her life to fall prey to the dangerous charm of a human who is a dead man walking. And she carries a devastating secret Bo could never imagine…
But when Kaia is taken by those who mean her deadly harm, all bets are off. Bo will do anything to get her back—even if it means striking a devil’s bargain and giving up his mind to the enemy…
8. Here are the most popular Halloween candy by state. I’m devastated to report that my home state’s most bought candy is The Milky Way?!?!?!?!?! Gross! If it’s not the Snickers, it’s not worth living there.
Wanna see something REALLY scary? Here’s me, before and after I had kids! Want to play along? This October, I’m opening up @gottoddlered to your submissions of your scariest “Before and After Kids” pics! If you’re not afraid, send your photos – and your IG name if you want me to share it – to firstname.lastname@example.org and let the nightmares begin! . . . #gottoddlered #parenting #beforeandafter #kids #moms #dads #momlife #dadlife #parenthood #halloween #life
7. I thought article is cute – showing parents bright-eyed and bushy-tailed before they have kids, and years later exhausted after they have kids. We can all relate. The sleepless nights when they are young. The new worries that open up when they are teens (hold me). Yet, they are never allowed to leave me and go away to college!! ;)
6. I’ve been kind of obsessed with people who can glue on little eyelashes – that when done, all look totally normal and such. So I’ve been watching a lot of videos on this. But then I saw these light-up/glowing eye lashes and maybe my eyelash game really needs to step it up. When I go out with friends, I sometimes wear purple mascara, and I thought that was putting myself out there.
5. Someone posted this in my Facebook feed, and I found this person’s sculptures out of acorns and other wood material SO adorable and amazingly well done. You can scroll through their FB Page or go to their website to see all of their creations. People are so talented!
4. Getting bored of Netflix shows? Here is what is coming to Netflix in November!
3. I thought this would be fun to try for Halloween – a frozen ice cube hand in punch. I’m concerned the ice-hand might taste like the plastic glove? But we shall see! Recipe.
2. Are all the kiddie Halloween costumes set and ready? My sixth grader is going as the inflatable t-rex. He saw it last year trick or treating and has wanted it ever since. May the fan last the entire time – please halloween gods. His head looks out the window in the neck below the T-Rex’s mouth! This costume is huge. My poor terrified chihuahua in the corner LOLOL.
My eighth grade son is going as some kind of spongebob that involves a yellow tutu – Guys I don’t know. He went crazy in Party City and thinks it’s the best costume ever.
1.I’m making Sauerbraten and dumplings and red cabbage this weekend. It’s the perfect weather for it! Plus the sauerbraten gravy has crushed ginger snaps in it – cookie gravy for the win! (I use this recipe for the meat, this for dumplings (my husband grew up with the instant potato dumpling and I actually think it’s really good) and this for the cabbage, which is my fav part).