10. My Week – As you read this I’m making gingerbread houses with the Kindergarten class. They frost/glue graham crackers to the little cardboard milk containers they use at lunch. It works really well and turns out so cute. On a totally unrelated note, I love that ornament. (Thanks Angie for the pic!)
9. Big news from Nalini Singh. Are you ready? The next Guild Hunter book will be titled Archangel’s Storm and will be Jason’s book!! Who the heck is he? The angel with the black wings….oh yes. I’m ready. Comes out September 2012.
8. True Colors by Thea Harrison is now out! A Elders Race novella (#3.5), published through Samhain Tori has read it and she says:
Ever since Mandi told me I had to read Dragon Bound, I have been a fan of Thea Harrison’s Elder Race series. Exciting plots, smoking hot romance, eccentric characters, and hilarious dialogue keeps you glued to the pages as you watch these ancient races deal with modern times and mates. True Colors is a small novella that’s nestled between Serpent’s Kiss and the soon to release Oracle Moon.
Someone is killing and preforming rituals on a small almost extinct species of wyrs. Alice Clark doesn’t expect to arrive at her friend’s house and find her brutally murdered. When a the large wyr appears in the apartment, Alice hides, believing he is the killer. Gideon Riehl arrives at the apartment a few minutes after Alice. He is a detective with the Wyr division of the NYPD and believes the killing is linked to a serial killer he has been hunting. When he and Alice meet face to face-they know they are meant to be together. Now Gideon has more then just a killer to catch; he has a mate to protect because he’s positive Alice is next on the killer’s hit list
A sweet, sexy, and satisfying full bodied story that balances the mystery of the killer with the romance between two very different yet perfectly compatible people. I love that we are able to meet and learn about different wyrs and get clues to future story lines. True Colors is the perfect little niblet to satisfy any cravings you may have while waiting for Oracle Moon to release. My only problem? It wasn’t longer. :( I give it a B+. (Kindle, Samhain, Goodreads)
7. I saw this tweeted this morning from the Heroes and Heartbreakers crew. A Rhage action figure. *giggle snort* I’m diggin’ the tattoo. However, his skin looks a little jaundice…poor Rhage.
6. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is out today. It’s been too long since I’ve drooled over the scruffy and delicious, RDJ.
5. I need to expand on my lust over Michael Fassbender from last week’s post. When the post went up, I didn’t realize Fass was going to be in a movie called, Shame, where he plays a sex addict and shows off his peen throughout the movie. (Yes..I said shows off his peen). According to this article:
One minute in: In the very first shot of the movie, a nude and glassy-eyed Fassbender lays splayed out on his bed, his lower half covered only by a haphazardly applied bedsheet. After a long beat, he climbs out of his bed, logging his first full-frontal moment.
Smexy approves of this. But wait….
Two minutes in: After having sex, Fassbender walks around his apartment and checks his answering machine messages (people still have those?) in a routine fashion. He remains full frontal throughout.
Wow – what will happen in the other 90 minutes of this movie o_O. I do believe this isn’t happy happy joy joy sex movie. I think he has a sad peen. But that’s okay y’all. I think we can all suffer through it.
4. From sad peen to balls *ahem* I made my annual oreo balls this week. I don’t like oreo cookies. But these oreo balls are so damn good! All you do is take a pack of oreo cookies and crunch them up in a food processor until they have the consistency of coffee grounds. Add one block of cream cheese and mix in processor until well blended. Then roll (roll your balls gently now) into one or two inch balls and place on wax paper. Throw into the refrigerator for an hour and then dip into melted chocolate. I use semi-sweet chocolate because the balls are so sweet. It ends up tasting like a chocolate truffle. A redneck truffle, but one nonetheless.
I put xmas sprinkles on them too in the picture above. I also put my balls on santa’s face. (inappropriate?).
3. You guys know that I have two boys, so when my brother and his wife had a little baby girl a few months ago, I may have been a tiny bit excited. Give her a few years, and we will be squeeing over the next JR Ward book together. I’m also pretty sure that she started to say “Qhuay” a few days ago. That is a good first word indeed. *ahem* But love of romance books is not the only thing we will bond over. While she comes over in her cute little green dress, I must dress her appropriately….
She loves Brandon Flowers too?? I knew it! Her father was so happy that I bought her this. *giggle*
2. Oh man…this guy put his scarf on but forgot the rest of his clothes! Pic from the fab, Coffee and Porn in the Morning (Wine and Sex in the Afternoon) Blog written by authors Marie Sexton and Heidi Cullinan. It’s a fun site.
1. Having the neighbors over for some Christmas celebrations this weekend as well as finishing up a few things left on my Christmas shopping list. The stores won’t be busy, right?