10. It’s a new year! Anyone make any resolutions? I think the only resolution I made last year was to have sex with Barrons. Oddly enough, that didn’t come true. Should I continue to wait?
9. Speaking of Barrons, Karen Marie Moning has said she will begin posting teasers for ICED, the first book in her new series featuring Dani, on her Facebook page starting January 17th. (Instead of her newsletters as she did with the Fever series). Last week on Facebook, she also posted a quote from Adam Black just out of the blue, “Damn, it’s good to be me.” Which then made me grab my copy of the Immortal Highlander and reread. I forgot how much I adore her Highlander books! (Well, books 4-7 – Drusten through Cian)
8. Agnes and The Hitman by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer is one of May’s favorite books, and she sent it to me a few weeks ago so I could check it out. I have to say, I really liked it. I fell in love with Agnes by about page three. It’s a crazy book involving kidnapping attempts on Agnes and her dog, a very sex hitman in the name of Shane, and lots of cooking. It made me laugh and has hot sexin’. A good combination.
I also noticed Nat from Wicked Little Pixie was on a Jennifer Crusie binge, and she let me know about this bundle:
Getting Rid of Bradley, Strange Bedpersons, What the Lady Wants, and Charlie All Night. I’m pretty new to Crusie so I’ll definitely be checking out more.
7. I think everyone knows I love K.A. Mitchell books by now, and I’ve been saving Bad Boyfriend for a bit. I finally read it this week. It’s so filthy and good. As I’ve said before, I think she writes the best books that are filled with smut, yet still have a great emotional storyline. I wasn’t super sure about this one to start – in the first chapter Peter tells his boyfriend of ten years, Quinn, that he is leaving him to marry a girl who is having his child. To get some revenge, 35 year old high school teach Quinn, decides to flaunt 23 year old Eli (who he picked up at a bar). But the flaunting slowly turns into a relationship for Eli and Quinn. It’s hot. Eli also calls Quinn, “Daddy” and again at first I was a bit…unsure. But I like how it all plays out. Really good book.
Also, how can you pass up a book where in the first 1%, the sentence, “Get your slut panties off so I can suck your…” is spoken. *dies* I love this author. LOL.
6. Jill Shalvis is going to have a very busy 2012. Earlier, she announced “cute guy” from her Lucky Harbor series is getting a book, Lucky in Love out May 22. Now she has announced two more books in this series, At Last and Forever and a Day. Woot!! Go to her site to read the blurbs. I can’t wait! If you haven’t started this series, you must!
5. Registration has opened for the Lori Foster Reader and Author Get Together! Taking place in Cincinnati, OH from Friday June 1- Sunday June 3rd, this is a really fun event. I went for the first time last year and had a blast. It is very laid back, and gives you a ton of time to just sit and chat with authors and readers. This year, Jill Shalvis, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lora Leigh, Monica Burns, Shiloh Walker, Toni Blake, Erin McCarthy and many, many more authors will be there. Also, it is only $50 to attend (plus hotel) and that $50 gets you meals all weekend. If you can make it to Ohio in early June, I definitely recommend this! Bells and I will be making our drive out there again this year!
4. Yes –Becca’s Bountiful Boobage -the title makes me snort. But wait. It gets the better. This might be the best worst blurb ever.
Becca goes to a bar planning to take the first man who doesn’t stare at her generous tits home with her. She catches the eye of a hot man across the bar, and her heart sinks when a man joins him. Both men come to her table and talk to her and offer to go home with her. Neither stared at her boobs. What should she do?
You guys..WHAT SHOULD SHE DO? Poor, poor Becca. I worry about her. I hope she makes the right decision. (Thanks to Sophia for sharing this discovery)
3. Big television night in the Smexy Household this Sunday! Two shows that I am so excited are coming back for a second season. First, Shameless on Showtime. This might just be my favorite show on tv. William H. Macy plays an alcoholic single father of many kids ranging from early 20’s to one year old. It is super funny, but also has very dark moments. Each character, is well, shameless. I think the first season just came out on DVD – you must watch.
Also returning is the second season of Downton Abbey! Squee!! I’m a sucker for anything on Masterpiece Theater on PBS, and the first season of Downton Abbey was so good. Can’t wait for Sunday.
2. Brandon Flowers, lead singer for The Killers (and my boyfriend, but we don’t like to talk about our relationship publicly) has announced the Killers will definitely be putting out an album in 2012 *Mandi falls down dead* He also said one of the tracks will be called, Battle Born. I’m sooooooo ready. The last time I saw Brandon Flowers in person was November of 2010. Not that I’m a stalker or anything. *ahem*
1. I leave you with a hairy chested man who has misplaced his hand. I don’t think I could say Happy Friday any better. (source).