10. The Olympics are over. Magic Mike is done. What the hell am I going to talk about today? It’s a sad, bleak top ten y’all. Well, it was until David Beckham showed us his ginormous bulge yesterday. But I’m going to make you wait to see it. I can’t give away the good this early. Let me court you for a few numbers first.
9. Are you guys fans of the ABC Family/Hallmark channel Christmas movies? I may have been known to watch these on occasion. Even when it isn’t the holiday season. Lisa Kleypas has announced her book, Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor is going to be a movie this December. They are changing the title to Christmas with Holly. Sean Faris (above) will play Mark. I haven’t read this book, but I did read the next book in the series, Rainshadow Road and enjoyed it. I might have to sneak this one is before I watch the movie. For more info, go here.
8. Book 14 of The Dresden Files, Cold Days will be out November 27th! Hooooray! I’m a few books behind – I’ve been listening to this series in audio. I plan to be all caught up though come this November. This is one of my favorite series. For more info including the blurb, go here.
7. Fans of the Cut & Run series by Abigail Roux. Just in case you are not aware, Abigail has a tumblr, and she does a really great job with torturing her ‘minions’ on it. Just this week she slyly started mentioning a character named, Liam Bell, who we can only assume will make an appearance in the next book – maybe even trying to woo our beloved Ty away? Her answers often make me laugh out loud. She is super funny. Also, Fiction Vixen currently has a great interview/giveaway with lots of good info.
6. It’s a sad day in the book world. Clandestine Press has announced they will be basically “Fifty-Shading” literary classics. Making our beloved Elizabeth and Darcy engage in explicit acts. An excerpt from Jane Eyre
“Now to rid you of these garments to properly redden your backside.”
“Sir!” The word was more an entreaty than a plea for leniency; I had goaded my master to this very end.
How he did it, I wasn’t quite sure, but he secured my dress and at once loosened my undergarments so that they tumbled to the earth, acting as a binding for my ankles. Thus I was virtually trussed and tied, half-naked and dreading—nay, anticipating—the first sting against my bare buttocks.
“Ask for it, Jane. Ask for your master’s punishment that you might atone for your behaviour.”
Hold me. It’s bad enough Darcy has been turned into a vampire, or that zombies invade other classics. But now Jane Eyre has to ask for her master’s punishment. SIGH. Just sigh.
5. Did everyone see the closing ceremonies of the Olympics? I totally didn’t. But, thankfully we have this lovely video of David Gandy talking about his experience.
Favorite part: How did you prepare for you part in the show? Gandy responds = I was only walking, so I’ve been preparing for that since I was a baby.
Snort. I lurve him.
4. Oh Downton Abbey. How I love thee. Above is the promo trailer for Season 3. *bites lip* I fear for Matthew and Mary!!! Oh my. UK gets to see it next month. US gets to see it in January.
3. Ok. I’ve made you wait long enough. Becks shared some photos on his Facebook yesterday from his new Bodywear line for H&M.
Beckham bulge. Even better, he is sporting an amazing mustache. Bulge+Becks+’Stache=Lady Boner. Am I right? I mean his junk is just….it must take some muscle to not topple over forward.
As part of this bulge campaign, H&M apparently have put statues of Becks around the US. It’s like a bulge scavenger hunt.
Can I have this for my front yard? Maybe turn it into a fountain?
Need more? Go to Beckham’s Facebook Page.
2. Just because the Olympics are over doesn’t mean we have to stop obsessing over the lovely athletes. Thanks to Definition of a Man blog, we have pages and pages (and pages) of abs, and scantily clothed men we can admire for some time to come.
1. Friday is in full swing. The weekend is here. I hope you all have some fun and find a good book to read! And if you spot a Beckham statue, I expect a picture!