Smexy’s Top Ten–April 12th

photo (100)

10. Let’s not talk about it, okay? (Thanks Tori)

writteninmyown9. Here is the cover for the next Jamie and Claire book, Written in my Own Heart’s Blood. Don’t get too excited, it doesn’t come out until December. Is it true the last book came out in 2009??? Good lordy. I’ve only read first 3 or 4 of this series. I LOVE these books but they stress me out too much. I need Jamie and Claire happy so in my head they have their HEA and all is good and yeah.

From this article:

The novel will follow your favorite characters through revolutionary Philadelphia as Jamie makes a dramatic return to Claire’s side, a new army sweeps the city, and romance and violence brew.

How does this one differ from previous Outlander novels?
You notice the symbol on the cover? It’s an octothorpe. That’s because I’m juggling eight storylines here (and one of them has to do with the printing trade). The books are all different, in tone, approach, theme, shape/structure, and (of course) plot. This one is shaped like a chord progression, and the one-word theme is “Betrayal.” (<<<—- uh oh)

so please assure us that there’s resolution in the beginning of Written in My Own Heart’s Blood?
DIANA GABALDON: Oh, yes. If you’re lucky, there will be quite a bit in the end, too

You all read it and let me know what happens, kay?

8. Abigail Roux’s Stars & Stripes won Dabwaha! *throws confetti* Yesterday, she did a live chat which you can see HERE. Some tidbits that came out:

- Ty & Zane #8 (coming in 2014) will be set in Scotland. (oh reallllllly)

- She still plans to end the series at book nine. (excuse me while I sob quietly) but she may revisit them with novellas. (again, still sobbing)

- Nick and Kelly will have their own novella coming out at some point. You can read a teaser scene HERE.

dinobeard7. This man shaved a dinosaur into his beard (on both sides of his face). Awesome? Weird? What other shapes could men create? I feel like taking a razor to my husband’s face to see what I can come up with. (Thanks Kate)

kittenball16. I hope y’all like cats because they are taking over the Top Ten today. Meow. First we have a tumblr called, Sports Balls Replaced with Cats. LOL. No really – LOL! It doesn’t take much to amuse me apparently.

kittenball2

What did we do with our lives before people created weird tumblrs? Oh wait –we actually had a life. *goes back to weird tumblrs* Find a lot more cat balls here.

gandycat5. So if cat balls are not your thing (and if you like cat balls then you have issues dude) how about men who look like cats? You guys – look at Gandy and his twin above. I’ve never been more attracted to a cat in my life *purrs*

edwardcat

Edward Kitty. I can’t even come up with a comment.

Johnny-Depp-660x447

Maybe it’s a sign to turn the internet off when I see Johnny Depp and his Doppelganger and I can’t stop laughing. (Link. Thanks Brie)

fassynight4. Do you want Michael Fassbender to impregnant you? If you answer is no you need to leave right now!! *ahem* Step one is above. Why yes Fassy. YES. Tonight.

fassypreggers2Step two: I have no words.

And finally:

fassypreggers3

Well let’s hope there are a few more “BAMs” included. Five Bams is all we get? Damn it Fassy. (Link. Thanks Selena!!!)

keyboard-plate3. If we are all going to continue to look at weird tumblrs and prepare ourselves for Fassy tonight, we are going to have to keep our strength up. Now there is a keyboard plate. This could be epic. I could wear my backwords popcorn hoodie…

popcornhood

while I have my keyboard plate and I may never have to get up from my computer again. It’s something to strive for y’all. (Link. Thanks Sophia)

2. I saw Jane tweet this yesterday. I don’t watch this show so I don’t know a lot of the backstory, but this contestant is blind. And she made a pie, something she is not familiar with baking. She doesn’t know what it looks like or if it turned out. Just watch. You can’t help but tear up. It’s…..it’s damn good. “Stop doubting yourself. Be bold.” <3 <3 <3

1. Today I’m finishing up After Hours by Cara McKenna (it’s gooooood) then it’s onto The Chocolate Rose by Laura Florand. I hope everyone has a great Friday! I know I will since Fassy is coming by later! I’ll be preggers by midnight! Holla!

Comments

1. Lidy says

Mandi, you know, that Michael Fassbender bit was just so… unfair. I mean, now I have to go and watch Hex all over again. A great series, too bad it ended *that* way. Grrrr

As for the tumblrs, I have never liked cats so much as I do now. LOL

• Mandi says

I never thought I was much of a cat person either.

Hex..I have not seen Hex. Have I failed as a Fassy stalker??

• Lidy says

Well, I fell in love with him after 300 and then haunted him down. Er, I mean, his movies. And then I heard things about Hex. I really like it.

As for failing, I haven’t watched Shame. I will ASAP.

2. Norma says

I love you, Mandi! I get ridiculously excited for your top ten each week. Then I drive my husband crazy because I send him all the silly pictures and links. Secretly he loves it.

• Mandi says

hahaha…I sent my husband the cat tumblr link this morning and he responded – what is wrong with you? I think he is secretly starting at it ;)

3. Monica Vidal says

Not to be that kind of naggin fan who picks on every single detail, but Sock and Awe is the name of the ficlet and not the novella Abi will wrote.

4. Selena Mc says

I totally agree with you on reading about Claire & Jamie! Those books destroy me!! I have only made through the first 4 books.

I love Tumblr! I recall having a life before I discovered it, but that life didn’t include cute kitteh pics or sexy Fassy shots. I feel that I’ve upgraded :)

You’re welcome for the Fassy GIFS! I know what you like chica!!

Is like you were getting our wombs ready with all those pictures of men and cats, and then, BAM! The Fassbender Seed of Impregnation! If I were to take a pregnancy test now, I’m sure all my womanly hormones would make the test a not-so-false positive.

• Mandi says

And you know The Fassbender Seed of Impregnation is SO POTENT.

I also love that your comment went straight to spam. This is the sign of an epic comment.

That season of Master Chef was soo good, no pun intended. And if I remember correctly without going off to google it, Christine won.

Thanks for the Gandy Candy! Glad I’m all fixed in the baby department.

Dang it, I’m about to get the last Flynn kid out of daycare and now I’m going to get knocked up again thanks to the Fassy gif impregnator? You owe me one kid’s college tuition! ;)

8. Lexi says

Ugh! Talk about books stressing you out! Whenever I read a Gabaldon book my heart can’t take it (really can’t take it!). 2009? That long ago??? I need to read some reviews containing a lot of spoilers before I pick this one up.

• Mandi says

Yeah – between completely stressing me out and the long waits between books – My heart wouldn’t make it.

9. Susan H. says

Mandi- I’m SO glad I’m not the only one who stresses over Jamie & Claire!!! I paused at the start of “A Breath of Snow & Ashes”, and decided to take a breather after I read a spoiler somewhere that said Jamie “disappeared” or some such & was presumed dead, but will reappear. Well, I’m going to pace myself with “Ashes” and “Echo” because if I have a huge gap of time between the end of “Echo” and the release of “Heart’s Blood” I’ll go insane with worry. So I jumped back into J.R. Ward’s BDB series- and now I’m fretting over those sexy vampires instead. I REALLY have to get a life. LOL

• Mandi says

I. Feel. You.

Just reading your comments about Jamie disappearing made my heart beat faster. I just want them safe and happy with rainbows in my little fantasy world.

BDB is more of a fun series. Lover at Last had LOTS of angst but worth it in the end. Hope you are enjoying!

• Susan H. says

LOL- a little JR Ward with that “I.Feel.You” reply.Ha Ha! I’d love to join some of the Outlander borads, but I’m afraid of seeing MORE spoilers. I hope I didn’t give you one with my comments- I just saw it written somewhere and hurried to shut the page so I wouldn’t see more- what I saw was too much (sob). Jamie is the man- I think he’d make a perfect vamp addition to the BDB. Like I said- gotta get a life. :-))

• Mandi says

omg..If I start talking like JR Ward writes give me an intervention! True? (<—hehe)

I don’t think I’ll be reading any Jamie books for a long time to come so no worries about spoilers.

I’m SURE someone must have written a Jamie turns vampire fanfic at some point :)

• Mandi says

Oh come join me in having “no life” ;) Darn these authors giving us all this angst! My poor heart!

Hope you are enjoying the BDB. Lover at Last was goooood