Mandi’s took off and left me here all along so I’m taking over the Top Ten as I won’t be getting my drunk on till later. *fist pump*
10. Lizard Man loving? Twitter is abuzz over The Last Hour Of Gann by R.Lee smith. I’m hearing it is engaging, unique, and quite romantic. I love a good shifter story but this one goes even beyond in that our lizard man STAYS a lizard. This is alien loving, folks. I also like the premise that our lizard man hero thinks the heroine is unattractive and must grow into the attraction. Mandi has been reading and says it’s fantastic and a must read for the year. She also says it’s SUPER LONG.
9. Let’s give a big HOORAY to Canadian author Alice Munro for winning the Nobel Peace prize in literature. Alice Murno, best known for her thought provoking short stories, is the 13th woman to win this honor. Perhaps the biggest reason everyone is celebrating is often this prize is given to those who are political dissents with works that are often pretentious and/or difficult to comprehend. Ms. Murno is an intimate writer whose stories speak to the average reader. Her win is our win.
8. This weeks WTF is a huge one. The buyers for AA must have been high when this one slipped through. According to the artist, Petra Collins, who designed the above shirt for American Appeal:
“I decided to put a super-taboo topic right on a t-shirt to make it viewable for everyone,” says Collins, 20, who has also published photos in Rolling Stone, Vice, Vogue Italia and the online magazine for teens, Rookie. “I’m really interested in what is hidden from our culture. We are always repressing or hiding what is natural to a post-pubescent body. We’re taught to hate our menstrual cycle and even to hide masturbation.”
I don’t know about the rest of you but while I’m not ashamed I’m a woman, I don’t need a t shirt showing an bloody vavajay to “feel good about myself.” I like that my bowels are regular but you won’t see me wearing a shirt depicting a rectum and a pile of poop either.
Note-the t-shirt is no long on AA’s site. I do believe the public spoke and said, “Yuck.”
7. Let’s mind scrub the above nasty image with the soothing images of Charlie Hunnam. Entertainment Weekly pays tribute to the hit show Sons Of Anarchy with this weeks cover. Season 6 is INSANE! Betrayal, murder, and sex sex and more sex has this viewer glued to the screen every Tuesday. I do vote for more nekkid Hunnam though.
6. This is why not everything needs to be discussed and dissected on the internet. Thanks to @sweptawayagain for the heads up.
Sara Crewe went on Mumnet Talk, a site for parents by parents, to discuss her husband’s, ummm, interesting after sex care and see if anyone else shared Mr. Crewe need for cleansing himself without leaving the bed. Apparently, Mr. Crewe likes to dunk his penis in a glass of water for a brisk wash after doing his wife like a porn star. Back in the day, we used to call this a whore bath but never mind all that. My question is this..has he ever mixed up the drinking glass with the penis glass? I also want pictures of the glass. Is it a normal size drinking glass? Is it plastic or real glass? Super sized or can he get away with a juice glass? Also, why the heck can’t they just use the bathroom together? I’ve been married 12 years. There is nothing I can’t do in bathroom with T there if I’m desperate enough.
The resulting comments are hilarious. One lady asks if they rate each other like in diving events.
5. Everyone loves Robert Downey Jr. in his Ironman films so how cool is it that the government is actually making their very own Ironman suits? According to The Verge, The Army has commissioned a Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit, which would provide the wearer with superhuman abilities like night vision, enhanced strength, and protection from gunfire.
I want one! Thanks to @limecello for the heads up.
4. Angela James posted this uber yummy looking smores brownie recipe on her blog-Nice Mommy, Evil Editor.
This recipe calls for cake mix, marshmallows, graham crackers and FOUR HUGE CHOCOLATE BARS.
*orgasmic thud* I’m going to try the recipe this weekend.
I think this may be Mandi’s xmas present this year. It could only be better if they were nekkid. But she has kids so…must keep it clean.
2. We’ve all had a piece (or 5) of the penis cake at bachelorette and bridal showers. But what happens afterwards? This isn’t an everyday use cake pan. @_ClaudiaGC found penispans.com which documents is one woman’s journey to reusing the infamous Penis Pan.
She shows us the Wizard Cake, the Elephant, and my personal favorite…the Palm Tree.
1. Mandi is a HUGE tea drinker so this is for her.
Can drinking tea make you a whore? An interesting post by Emily Brand on the History Of Love blog educates us to the evils of drinking tea in the 18th century. According to Ms. Brand, people of that era thought most of the debauchery, neglect and general laziness of the English middle class was the direct result of drinking tea.
William Cobbett, a social reformer, viewed tea as…”as a destroyer of health, an enfeebler of the frame, an engenderer of effeminacy and laziness, a debaucher of youth and a maker of misery for old age.”
Beer. LOLOL Naturally.
As a huge sweet tea drinker…I will now be blaming my laziness and slutty tendencies on drinking tea.