10. I’m typing this up on Wednesday, so at this point I am greatly anticipating going to New York on Thursday to see my boo, Brandon Flowers perform at the Highline Ballroom. As you read this, I am on a train coming home from my
stalking trip. Who knows – I may have fainted from his sexiness. I went with my friend Jessi who thought she new the extent of my obsession – but after attending a concert with me, we shall see if she still wants to be friends. HA! In next week’s top ten I will be sure to add pictures and maybe a video. I know you all will be sitting on the edge of your seats!
9. Two pieces of Nalini Singh news. First she posted on her blog that Hawke’s book (due out next year) will be called Kiss of Snow. This will be book ten in her Psy-Changeling series. We have been teased with Hawke and Sienna’s feelings towards each other for some time now. I cannot wait to see them together!!!
Second, she revealed the cover of her next Guild Hunter book. BEAUTIFUL!!! Archangel’s Consort is due out January 25th.
8. I received Crown of Crystal Flame off of NetGalley this week. This is the fifth and final book in the Tairen Soul series. O…M…G. I LOVE this series, and C.L Wilson had so much to address in this final book and she definitely pulls it off. One of the best books I have read this year and more than a worthy ending for this terrific series. I definitely recommend this series – read in order starting with Lord of the Fading Lands.
7. Today’s Friday 56.
“Z let out another animal sound as his erection popped into her hand. Rearing back he nearly shredded his leathers trying to get them down his legs and off his cast. After struggling, he left them around his knees with a, “Fuck it.”
“Father Mine” – Zsadist and Bella’s story – A Black Dagger Brotherhood Novella
Released- October 7, 2008
How to play Friday 56.
Grab the book nearest you. Right now
Turn to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blog or (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
6. Jeaniene Frost just released the cover for Night Huntress (aka Bones and Cat) book #5. I adore this series. This is one of those series where I get the nervous butterflies thinking about the next book. Yes, I am a dork. Bones and Cat are two of my absolute favorite characters. If you go to her blog, you can see the step-back (inside cover) as well.
5. My TV week – True Blood was a little lame-o this past week. Eric was fierce as usual but the whole druggie field trip Lafayette and Jesus went on was just too weird. And Tara is really getting on my nerves. She should be mourning Give me more Pam!! I also saw a few episodes of Keeping up with the Kardashians. I’m not proud of this.
4. Having two boys, Harry Potter and Legos are HUGE in my house – and we just found out Lego is coming out with new Harry Potter Legos this October. Go HERE for a sneak peek at the sets. I <3 the Hagrid figure!! :)
3. There is a new website in the book world called, Any New Books? It is a site that allows you to receive email updates showing all the new releases in your favorite genres each week. They just started, so they are still working out the kinks, but if they can start to gather more releases, I think this will be a nice site. Check it out.
2. This is a week late, but my girl Sophia (aka Fiction Vixen) celebrated her one year blogoversary last Sunday. *throws confetti* She also has a new purple look which I lurve. Even better, she is giving away three giftcards that total up to $50. Hot damn…she is so cool. If you haven’t stopped by, go show her some Blogoversary love.
1. That’s it for me. This weekend I am diving into Demon From the Dark by Kresley Cole and attending a wine festival. Could be the perfect weekend ;) HAPPY FRIDAY!