10. My week – While you read this I’m at the movie Spy Kids 4-D. I think they give you stickers you scratch and sniff during certain parts of the movie. Oh fun. *save me*
9. Have you guys heard of Kindlegraph? It is a really cool thing that allows authors to send a personalized signature to your kindle. If you go to the site it lists the books and authors that are available. Once you sign in with Twitter, you can search for your favorite author. I wish it was broken down into genres (at least I didn’t see this feature) but you can search alphabetically for the author or book title.
8. Nalini Singh has announced her next Psy/Changeling book (#11 due out May 29, 2012) will be titled, Tangle of Need. Featuring Riaz and Adria. She also notes that Hawk and Sienna will have a strong presence and we will see the next stage of their relationship. Woo and Hoo!There is an excerpt for this book at the end of Archangel’s Blade (Dmitri’s book out September 6th.)
I got a sneak peek at Archangel’s Blade and OMG we need to talk about Dmitri!!! You know how he is just a wicked dude in the previous books. Well, in his book he starts out wicked. And then he stays wicked –but he also becomes this amazing hero. I LOVE that he doesn’t change, but is still a worthy hero for Honor. Seriously you guys – this is good stuff. There is a scene with a Ferrari – *gasp* *choke* *sputter* I think this is one of her best books.
7. Jeaniene Frost has announced the new title to Vlad’s book will be – Once Burned. Oh I love me some Vlad. He is the pyrokinetic vampire in her Night Huntress series. Jeaniene hasn’t given us much more information except to say Vlad’s HEA, Leila has some unusual abilities. The tag line reads, “She’s a mortal with dark powers…He’s the Prince of Night…” Scheduled to come out March 29, 2011. Smexy likes.
The next Night Huntress book, One Grave at a Time, comes out 8/30. Bones *drool* We also get a novella in The Bite Before Christmas book out this November. A Christmas story with Bones and Cat sounds like so much fun! Can’t wait.
6. (pic of the bloggers above! Missing a couple but it is a fun group shot) Last week I went to the Author’s After Dark Conference! I met a ton of wonderful bloggers/authors/readers. If I start naming people I know I will forget some. So I’ll just say I had so much fun! The author panels were insightful and funny. The bloggers and readers were a blast to hang out with. My roomie Jen and I had some good times (we may have ended up eating cheese whiz fries at some random bar at 1AM. Maybe). I found someone else who loves wine as much as I do too! ;) Overall it was a fun experience. There were a few behind the scenes things that cast some shadows on the conference. I will attribute it to high stress situations and growing pains. What I found amazing and I will remember is that the bloggers stuck together and supported one another. We may have all just pretty much met for the first time, but that blogger bond is strong :) If the stars align properly, Tori and I may meet at next year’s AAD in New Orleans.
I suck at taking pictures, so for a great report check out Hanging With Bells.
5. My brother sent me this fun link to celebrities and who they look like. Some are crazy.
4. Anderson Cooper is so freaking cute!! I dare you to watch the above clip and not laugh along with him. He starts to lose it around the 2:25 mark.
3. I enjoy a good ‘stache. I think we all know this. And all of a sudden, they are back in style. Not necessarily on a man’s face but as everything else. I went shopping yesterday and ran into these:
What time is it? Oh, it is mustache o’clock.
And now my fingers can “grow” their own ‘stache. My fingers are excited.
2. If you follow this top ten, you will know that I have been in mourning ever since Khal Drogo died of a moobie infection in Game of Thrones a few months ago. But, thank the moobie gods, because Jason Moma is back, in all of his moob glory in Conan the Barbarian, opening today. I think those moobs have grown since we last saw them. I’m taking my mom to see it Sunday with me. In 3D. I’ll try not to embarrass her when those moobs shoot out of the screen at me.