10. This is one of my all time favorite BluntCards. LOL. Is it really almost Valentine’s Day? Not that I personally do a lot – but I do like to make heart-shaped food for my kids that day and get them a tiny red present. I need some new ideas for Valentine-themed food this year…any ideas?
9. If you follow me on Twitter, I’ve talked a lot about The Bro-Magnet this week. I did a full review for it at Happy Ever After. I picked it up on a rec from Dear Author and laughed my way through the entire book. If you are looking for a light-hearted read, I definitely recommend it. I’m also happy to hear from the author that she is writing a sequel! She says the first sentence of Isn’t it Bromantic is: “I stand at the end of the aisle, trying to look calm.” Awww Johnny!! I can’t wait!
8. Another book I snuck in this week was Ghost in the Machine by Barbara J Hancock. I read it because of the reviews at both Dear Author and Romance Around the Corner. Wow. For a novella (88 pages I think) it is so dark and intense. Described as a cyber-punk, aliens have invaded Earth, as a sort of huge computer system called the SoulEater. It in essence is consuming the humans, sucking out all of their knowledge. They get left as Shadows, who walk around trying to find other “Warmbloods.” Bet, the heroine struggling to survive in this ash filled world, meets Gabe, a Shadow, but one who fights the evil. It is a visually disturbing book and the author really creates a vivid world that kind of freaked me out. But I really liked it. I think the ending needed a lot more time to unfold, but otherwise a very cool romance book. Def recommend. For proper reviews visit Romance Around the Corner or Dear Author.
7. Sexy Cover time. First up, Archer’s Lady by Moira Rogers, book three in their Bloodhounds series. Out this July. I’d volunteer to be his lady. Just sayin.
And Jaci Burton has released her next sexy cover, Playing to Win, book four in her Play by Play series. Oh my, my, my. Look at the shoulders on this one.I want him to pick me up and do dirty deeds with me. And his laces are coming undone. I think I can help with that. RT has a nice article about this book HERE. Releases this September.
The “Vegas Top Guns” series of erotic romances features U.S. Air Force pilots from the 64th Aggressor Squadron. Set against the hot, wicked backdrop of Sin City, these uninhibited romantic partnerships explore the many forms desire can take—including role-playing, erotic power exchange, male submission, and voyeurism.
Oh realllllly? Smexy likes. It looks like there will be four books, the first one Double Down out this July. Go HERE to see a blurb for each one.
5. You all know that I’m obsessed with Downton Abbey and when I saw this book, I got excited. The World of Downton Abbey looks like a beautiful book. Just to be able to stare at the clothes that they wear is enough for me. (Thanks to Heroes & Heartbreakers for the heads up.)
4. I received the All About Braising cookbook for Christmas this year. It is one of the best cookbooks I’ve used in a long time. It’s a lot of of one pot meals that focus on cooking in a shallow, heavy pot with a tight lid. Seriously the most flavorful meals I have fixed. I’ve made pork chops with cabbage, halibut with cherry tomatoes, an indian chicken dinner and I’ve started work on a Moroccan chicken with lemon and green olives dish. Are you hungry yet? I’m making scallops tonight. I know. I’m excited too! *grins*
3. Can we talk TV for a minute? Here’s the deal. First of all, Kelly Ripa needs to pick a cohost already. I’m tired of the parade of men coming through. Pick NPH, or her hubs, or even that race car driver she had on last week. Someone – please! I need stability in my 15 minutes of host chat every day.
I’ve decided I have three tv network addictions. I will pretty much watch everything on AMC (mad men, breaking bad, the walking dead etc.) PBS Masterpiece Theater, and Bravo. So that makes me a little classy, with a little bit of trash thrown in, right? I have to watch Masterpiece Theater but I also have to watch Real Housewives of Any County. I can’t help myself! And now that Real Housewives of Orange County and Bethenny Ever After are starting up again, I’m excited.
I also love and adore Andy Cohen who hosts Watch What Happens Live. A must watch clip is of Ralph Fiennes (who among many things played Voldemort in the Harry Potter movies) reading some erotic HP FanFic. *dies* Go HERE to watch it. (Also random note – whatever happened to Ralph’s brother Joseph?!? He was in Shakespeare in Love all those years ago and I still have a crush on him.)
2. I had a request from Amy for a Moob picture today. I admit, it has been awhile. It is hard to find a good picture of moobs though! Have you ever googled, “moobs?” Don’t. It’s a skeery, skeery thing. And then I googled “Sexy Moobs” thinking – that has to work. OMG!!! I’m scarred for life.
1. It’s Friday. YAY!! This weekend I think I’m going to read Kismet by Monica Burns. It is the one book by her I haven’t read yet. I’m also in the mood to read an erotic contemporary. Something really good – I don’t care if it is full or novella length. Any suggestions?