9. Who is going to the Lori Foster Author/Reader get together in June? This will be my third year. I’m excited. It’s only $50 (includes all of your meals) plus the cost for the hotel room. Super laid back atmosphere…a great way to just casually hang out with readers and authors. Registration opens March 4th.
8. Jill Shalvis is going to giveaway 100 arcs of her next book, It Had To Be You. How do you get one? Sign up to become a Jill’s Bookaholic. She will randomly choose 100 people and those people will continue to receive her arcs in the future as long as you post a review at Goodreads or Amazon etc. You have until midnight on Sunday to enter. Go HERE for all the details.
7. Natasha has a teeny, tiny peek of Down London Road by Samantha Young on her blog. I’m so excited for this one! Releases May 7th.
6. Downton Abbey fans. Are we all okay? Have we sniffled and shook our fists at our televisions enough? If you haven’t seen the final episode of Downton Abbey this season, don’t read any further. But if you have, I have two things that may make you feel better. First – there is a site that recaps each show called – “If Downton Abbey took Place Entirely on Facebook.” They make me laugh every time. Go HERE to see them.
Also, this is the man, Tom Ellis, who is rumored to be Mary’s love interest next season. Is he cuter than Dan Stevens? Maybe? We shall see…
5. Anyone else obsessed with the Harlem Shake? My friends and I are going to film are own in a few days. Are we dorks? Why yes! But we are fun dorks. *wink* I fully expect our dance to go viral. I’ll share it later. Try not to get too excited.
4. This might be old news to many since it’s been around for quite some time, but it’s new to me! I just learned about Geocaching. There are about two million little things hidden around the world, and by using your GPS on your iphone, you can get the coordinates and go treasure hunting. I did this for the first time with my boys last weekend and we had a blast. We went to a local park and found two..it took us about 1 1/2 hours to find them both – it was much more difficult than I was expecting (The picture above – one treasure was hidden inside a log) but my nine year old ended up finding them both and the excitement and joy on his face when he actually found them was so worth it.
Go to the site and type in your zipcode and just see how many are hidden around you. It’s crazy. We are going out again this weekend.
3. BEARD ALERT. The History channels is going to air their first scripted drama – Vikings. It premieres March 3. You can go HERE to see the trailer and other clips.
This guy is Travis Fimmel
who is also this guy…do a google search for this fine fella…
Yeah. Vikings will be viewed by me!
2. It’s almost Easter and how adorable are these rolls? I want to bake them and set them around my house. I found them on Pinterest and they don’t really take you to a recipe – just a flickr account. But the idea of them is cute.
If you can’t do the bunnies, the duck rolls are cute too! Apparently I have the urge to eat cute wildlife for Easter breakfast!
1. Frrriiiidddaay. Hooray. My husband wanted to grill a turkey tomorrow (he stuffs it with bacon stuffing..it’s pretty epic) so he brought home a 22 pound frozen turkey yesterday. So my day will be spent trying to defrost the darn thing. I need my epic turkey tomorrow!! (And I’m making Bacon Gruyere Beer Bread. Oh yes)
It’s raining and snowing out too – so I’m cuddling up with my kindle and my frozen turkey and hunkering down for the weekend. Hope y’all have some fun plans! Happy Friday!