10. Blunt Card has some of my favorite Halloween cards. I’m announcing it’s a tradition and I must post them (repost them) now that it is October. Oh drunk Peggy, how I heart you.
9. Nalini Singh has announced the title of her next Psy/Changeling book coming June 2014: Shield of Winter
and the blurb:
Assassin. Soldier. Arrow. That is who Vasic is, who he will always be. His soul drenched in blood, his conscience heavy with the weight of all he’s done, he exists in the shadows, far from the hope his people can almost touch—if only they do not first drown in the murderous insanity of a lethal contagion. To stop the wave of death, Vasic must complete the simplest and most difficult mission of his life.
For if the Psy race is to survive, the empaths must wake…
Having rebuilt her life after medical “treatment” that violated her mind and sought to stifle her abilities, Ivy should have run from the black-clad Arrow with eyes of winter frost. But Ivy Jane has never done what she should. Now, she’ll fight for her people, and for this Arrow who stands as her living shield, yet believes he is beyond redemption. But as the world turns to screaming crimson, even Ivy’s fierce will may not be enough to save Vasic from the cold darkness…
This series is a favorite of mine and the last book released, Heart of Obsidian is going on my favorite list of 2013.
8. I read a novella this week where the heroine sees a man in her building carrying a bunch of mail, so she assumes he is a mail man. And then he starts to court her and there is romance etc.. But it turns out he isn’t a mail man, he is the CEO of the company where she works. BOO HISS! Why couldn’t he have been a mail man?? I WANT the blue collar hero. Please authors. Yes, I have ranted about this before and I will continue to rant about it. Mail Men deserve a HEA just as much as billionaires! (and they always deliver). (they can stick their package into your slot) (should I keep going?)
7. David Beckham has a new book coming out October 31 (can my husband dress as him for Halloween?) – it will be a book full of pictures featuring his 20 years playing soccer and his life in general. Would you pay $31 for this? I say – his Facebook page is free and he delivers verra sexy pictures there a lot. But my coffee table may need this…
6. Rugby players look so good dirty. Here are some nakey rugby players (well semi-nakey). I believe this is in support of a charity, but as I googled for information it came up in French. This is the fourteenth year they have created a calendar of sexy rubgy players showing a lot of skin. Well done fellas. Below is a teaser video for the calendar shoot. I’d say it is a little bit NSFW.
5. Is there anything better than a groom seeing his bride for the first time. These pictures will put a big smile on your face. #happiness
4. Today is National Vodka Day!!! Someone make me a lemon drop martini STAT!!!! No really….I need one.
What is your favorite vodka martini or drink? Mine is the lemon drop martini with a sugared rim (that makes me giggle) followed closely by the cosmopolitan.
HOLD THE PHONE! I just found out today is also National Taco Day!!
Is this the best day ever? Yes. Yes it is.
Check out these taco and vodka cocktail pairings.
3. I made Ina Garten’s Chicken Stew and Biscuits this week for dinner, and it was one of the best meals I’ve ever made. And I’m not even that big of a fan for chicken pot pie type meals. But this…zomg. I think it was the biscuits. This is actually quite easy to make. The only thing I did different from the recipe was that I used boxed chicken stock (sorry – I’m not making homemade) and instead of chopping carrots, and using frozen onions and peas, I just bought a bag of mixed frozen veggies. Don’t pay attention to the stick of butter plus the cup of 1/2 and 1/2 that goes into the biscuits. It was worth the fatty! *wink*
This is a cute blog post noting the Ten Best Animals to follow on Instagram. My seven year old has been begging for a hedgehog pet. (uh… no). He is obsessed with Darcy. He is DARN cute. But only on my computer screen *wink*
1. After overloading on vodka and tacos (actually I’m going to an Asian Bistro for lunch today which will serve neither vodka nor tacos. I fail!!) I’m going to read Her Wicked Angel by Felicity Heaton. Also on the agenda this weekend is Dirty Trick by Christine Bell. Happy Friday!!!