10. I LOVE the National Spelling Bee. And it was fun to watch last night and see the reaction of my kids when they heard each word they had to spell. Congrats for co-champions Sriram and Ansum! Go be brilliant adults now!
9. Japan gets all the cool stuff, like Elephant Nose Ice Cream. I wonder if my local Dairy Queen would do this for me if I asked? I need it!!!
8. Speaking of ice cream – the only thing that could top Elephant Nose Ice Cream is BOOZY Elephant Nose Ice Cream. It’s summer. The kids are running around screaming and out of control. Why not have a boozy ice cream treat? Lucky Charms + Whiskey + a Snicker Doodle = a Happy Mama! (recipe)
Or to go the more woo woo route – Avocado Tequila Ice Cream – what, what whaaaaaat? (would that be amazing or gross? Has anyone had avocado ice cream?)
7. My buddy KT Grant’s book, The Gate is going on sale for $.99 starting this Sunday June first, which leads to her second book in this series, The Key, releasing June ninth.
6. Author Pamela Clare is battling breast cancer and to help her out, there is a page set-up at the Organic Dish website where anyone can donate money. This money will then allow Pamela to receive pre-made meals which as we all know makes it so nice when you have a lot going on. Here is the link. Sending all my positive thoughts to Pamela. xoxoxo
5. Now that I caught up with Parks and Rec and the Mindy Project, my husband and I needed a new show to glom so we picked True Detective which just wrapped up on HBO. You guys. This show is so dark and intense and the opposite of what I’ve been watching lately. And while I’m not the biggest Matthew McConaughey fan, he is amazing in this show. Amazing. As is Woody Harrelson. If you haven’t watched it yet, we are streaming through HBO Go.
AND! Whether you’ve seen it or not, the last six minutes of the fourth episode is filmed in all one shot! No cutting or editing or anything. It’s amazing. You can see the clip here on youtube – be warned it’s VERY violent and nsfw language.
(and we are almost done this series so if you have any recs for other things to watch, holler at me)
4. That bish Jennifer Lopez gets to rub herself all over David Gandy in her new music video for her song First Love. They roll around on the sand together *drools* You can see the making of the video here. (is he not the hottest thing???)
I spy with my little eye……a big bulge!
3. Buzzfeed has ranked 21 celebrity bulges using the Jon Hamm scale. We all know the Hammaconda IS the definitive ranking of bulges.
How does the rest of Hollywood boner up to him? Thankfully Taylor Lautner only gets a 1/2 out of 5 Jon Hamm Bulges. Shockingly, Prince Harry only gets a 1.5/5 bulge rating. Harry!! You are letting us down. The best bulge? Mark Wahlberg. (wha?) For bulges galore, go HERE. Hapenis!!! (link)
2. Let’s celebrate boozy ice cream with boozy t-shirts! See this fun list. And yes, I will be wine tasting on the couch tonight. I have true excitement over this.
1. This weekend I’m reading Grim Shadows by Jenn Bennett. I’m on page 30 and already in love with Lowe and Hadley. If you haven’t read Bitter Spirits yet, get to it yo! Have a great Friday, have a great weekend. If you read anything smexy, be sure to share it with us!