10. It’s Labor Day Weekend! My neighbor is having a get-together and she always makes Bourbon Slushies. They. Are. Amazing. I don’t know her exact recipe but I think it’s pretty similar to this. *cheers*
9. Pamela recommend this book to me – it’s a second chance love story and it’s fabulous. The book starts in present day and the h/h have not seen each other for 15 years – but happen to randomly run into each other on the subway. Flashback fifteen years to how they met and fell in love in college – and the circumstances that pulled them apart. The end goes back to present day where more drama waits. I thought it was so well done. It’s sexy, romantic – and the end – the grief they share for missing fifteen years together along with some other things that happened – the angst almost killed me. Highly recommend!! Tori loved it too. Kindle l Goodreads
8. My new favorite thing. A Tumblr called Pride and Recreation. It takes Parks and Rec (tv show) quotes and puts them on screen caps of Pride and Prejudice. It’s soooo good. I think it’s fairly new – I hope she keeps it up. As Parks and Rec and P&P are two of my favorite things every – this is my everything. (Thanks Karina Bliss for tweeting it!)
6. This is something cool – you can send your name to Mars. Since I don’t really have time to go vacay there *wink* – I think I’ll just send my name. Per this website: Mars enthusiasts around the world can participate in NASA’s journey to Marsby adding their names to a silicon microchip headed to the Red Planet aboard NASA’s InSight Mars lander, scheduled to launch next year.
You have until 9/8 to sign up!
5. Bree told me to start watching Nikita and she has never steered me wrong in television advice. This show was on the CW from 2010-2014. It has a bad ass heroine and a bad ass hero – or so I assume – I’ve only watched the first episode. I hear verra good things about the hero……I’ll report back once I’m further into it. First season is on Netflix.
4. Tom Hardy took his dog to his movie premiere. A bearded Tom Hardy + his cute dog = A good Friday. Plus at one point the dog chased a pigeon which made me LOL. See pics here.
3. First I find mini-bananas in my grocery store – and now I see an article about mini-desserts. Are tiny things the IN thing now?? –I’m totally making the bite-size baklava cups.
— MLB (@MLB) September 2, 2015
2. Your Friday cute. I may dance like this at baseball games – but it’s not as cute. It’s probably just annoying to those around me. LOL