10. My week – It’s cold here y’all. I mean, Maryland gets cold weather, but it hasn’t reached 30 degrees all week. And the wind, oh the wind. I told Tori I’m moving south to her house – she better be ready!
9. This week I saw Kati, from Katidom tweeting about how much she loved Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun. She then posted her review, which sealed the deal for me. I bought it and started it right away – I have no control! Hands down, this is the BEST erotic I have read this year and is going into my top 20 list for favorite books of 2010. It is extremely sensual with some of the best sex scenes I have read this year. And their relationship – is just a joy to read. Lacey a 36 year old, recently divorced, wealthy mortgage broker wants to hook up – something she has never done before. She meets Hunter, a 28 year old cop – and the one night stand turns into something so romantic!! Since Hunter is a blue collared worker he feels like he isn’t good enough for Lacey – and this is where the conflict lies.
I cannot recommend this book enough!! My full review can be found at Goodreads HERE. Seriously – go read!!!!!!!!
8. Cover Alert – Another Kind of Dead by Kelly Meding. I think this is the best cover yet in her Dreg City series. (Which is fab by the way!)
7. So, do you have parents that might need a little lesson in technology? Have they conquered email, formatting a picture, or even copy/paste? Google has made a really cute “Care Package” email you can send to your parents (or anyone technically challenged” with very informative, easy to follow videos to help your those that are…impaired. NOT saying my parents are impaired – ok – maybe a little. Heck, I could totally learn a few things from these vids. Go HERE to see what it is all about.
5. Cover Alert number two – Demon Marked by Meljean Brook. Book seven in her Guardian series. Beautiful.
4. One of my favorite girls, Bells is celebrating her one year Blogoversary. Hanging With Bells is a fab blog and one I LOVE to visit every day. She is also such a joy to tweet with. She makes me laugh and after a few minutes of chatting with her, your day always improves. I am so psyched that her blog is a year old and I hope many more years are to come.
3. Sophia (aka Fiction Vixen) shared this with me this week and I laughed and laughed. On the blog, Reading with Tequila, she ordered a whole bunch of used books, one being Fantasy Lover (book one in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series). Apparently the previous owner decided to turn the book into a PG version.
Crossing out the sex scenes etc…she even renamed it “Fantasy Friend.” She said every single page had been censored. How funny is this??? Go HERE to read the full post.
2. Dear Author is doing a huge Berkley Winter Giveaway – it closes tonight at 7pm CST –so if you haven’t entered yet, get over there and comment! Go HERE.
1. One more week until Christmas! Is everyone ready? This weekend we are doing dinner with the neighbors and hubs has to do some last minute shopping (of course!). Happy Friday!