10. My Week – Been a kind of crazy week. We had a rabid fox in our yard. Now – it wasn’t walking around drunk and foamy – it had what the vet called – passive rabies. We could walk up to it and it just stared at us. Supposedly foxes are suppose to run away scared if a human comes up to it. (Unless people feed it) But this one definitely had something wrong with it. Now, I did have a fleeting moment where I thought it might shift into a sexy, 6’8 man with red hair. But this fox wasn’t a shifter. Maybe the next one.
9. Free E-book alert! The first book in Melissa Schroeder’s “Harmless” series, A Little Harmless Sex is free on Kindle and Nook. I haven’t read this one, but I’ve read A Little Harmless Obsession and A Little Harmless Lie and both are very sexy reads.
8. Zoe Archer known for her Blades of the Rose series, and a fab sci-fi book Collision Course , has a new series coming out this winter. Devil’s Kiss will be the first in her Hellraisers series. The cover is hot, even if all his chest hair will be burned from that fire! ;)Little blurb of the series:
Welcome to the ultimate bad boys. A group of 18th Century rakes who will stop at nothing in their pursuit of pleasure—even if it costs them their souls. Dark, sexy and beguiling, the Hellraisers will seduce you. Sinning never tasted so sweet.
Oh, Smexy likes the sound of that.
7. *Gulp* Thor is staring at us. And oh my – that stare makes me want to do dirty things. And he has a big hammer. *waggles eyebrows*
Are you seeing it this weekend?
6. Thanks to a heads up from Secret HEA Society, look at this beautiful cover for the next Sweet book from Maya Banks. I love it! Sweet Addiction coming April 2012 and will be Cole’s story. I couldn’t find any other info. (yes, 11 months away!)
5. Because it was Cinco De Mayo this week, (or really just because I like tequila – let’s not use the 5/5 excuse ;) I made Margarita Ice Cream. Can we say delicious? And SUPER easy to make. Thanks so much to Kmont for the heads up on the recipe. But wait – I’m not done. Head over to the Full Fork Ahead blog for Slushy Cider Margaritas – you know, to wash down that ice cream ;)
4. I’m watching The Voice. I got sucked into it somehow and I wanted to resist. I wanted to say it was lame, but I love it so much! There are four judges (we will discuss in a moment) and the first two episodes were them each selecting eight singers to be on their team They had to select them though with only hearing their voice, not seeing them – which is a nice twist. I love Cee Lo Green, and Christina Aguilera is a nice choice. I don’t listen to country – ever – but when I saw Blake Shelton, I almost went to iTunes to check out his stuff. Instead I just went to Google images and checked out his..err…stuff.
And then Adam Levine. I really can’t stand his voice. And because of that I’ve never understood his appeal – but omg is he not the cutest thing on this show. I still won’t buy his albums but I have to admit I have a crush…
3. I’ve been reading Cut & Run by Madeleine Urban and Abigail Roux this week. A Romantic Suspense, M/M romance. I. Love. It. The first in the series, Ty and Zane are both FBI agents forced to work together to track down a serial killer. From the start they hate each other – but slowly, very, very slowly they kind of start to like the other. But it is not super mushy – it is very aggressive, alpha type of relationship. They also have very funny banter between them. At first Ty comes across as very laid back and doesn’t seem to care much about anything. Zane is very career driven, and fits the FBI mold perfectly. Or so you think. But they each turn out to be very different from their first impressions. Very well written – and oh. my. gawd. a shower scene that you won’t forget ;) Goodreads, Amazon
2. For quite a while now, my tweet stream has been filled with tweets about how awesome the singer, Adele, is. So I FINALLY broke down and listened to her songs. Oh yes – I’m in love with her voice. Beautiful. And yes, I listen to other things than just Brandon Flowers. Sometimes.
1. This weekend we have birthday festivities for my mom! I have books (Dragon Bound and Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke’s Heart), a lighted kindle cover, a Barrons book thong and a facial all lined up for her! Woot! Happy Friday!!