10, My Week – I’m recovering from the Scissor Sisters concert last night. It was sooooo much fun. Such a great girls night out. And we stalked their bus and got a pic too! Isn’t Jake Shears cute in his Mickey Mouse shirt? He looked a little different on stage….
I love him. I can’t wait to go see them again!
8. Jennifer Estep just announced that book six in her Elemental Assassin series is titled – By a Thread. To release early next year. In her words:
As far as plots go, I’m jokingly referring to By a Thread as Gin on vacation. Gin decides to get out of Ashland for a few days but finds herself in as much trouble as ever. And you know how Gin likes to deal with trouble.
Interesting – I wonder when the big show down with Mab will occur? Book 7?
Go to her blog for more info.
7. Carolyn Crane announced on her blog that her Disillusionist Trilogy has been optioned for a television show! Now, that doesn’t mean this is a done deal – we have to wait and see if networks are interested. I hope they are!
Who would play Packard? *bites nails* :)
6. Cara McKenna has a new book out today – Don’t Call Her Angel. I have not read it yet – but it’s on my Kindle waiting for me. I’m going to try to get to it this weekend. I love Cara McKenna’s stuff. Blurb:
Peering into Emily’s and Rasul’s lives from the outside paints an unlikely picture—the sweet, deferring Southern bride and her cold, self-possessed, ex-military husband. Peer into their bedroom and the scene grows starker still. Domineering man, submissive girl, a sex life not for the faint of heart. But peer inside their heads? That’s another matter entirely.
Obsessive, traditional and controlling, Rasul never planned on marrying an American woman, let alone a kinky one. A dark past has left Emily with unusual appetites, ones Rasul has come to embrace—a small price to pay to indulge his sexual power trip, the thrill of being the one who makes her every desire real.
But bringing another man into their bedroom? For most husbands, that’s a kink too far. For Rasul, it’s yet another sin he never dreamed he’d commit before he met his wife…and an invitation to spoil her rotten too good to pass up.
Ooooh..naughty. Ellora’s Cave.
5. Laurie London’s novella, Hidden by Blood is free right now at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. (Also at Harlequin site). I’m currently reading the second book of the series, Embraced by Blood and it has a nice start :)
4. Moob Update: There are only two episodes left of Game of Thrones and yes, I’m still obsessed. So I must blog about my Moobilicious Man until it is over *sob*
This past week Khaleesi and Khal had a moment of stubbornness when she didn’t want the village women raped and tortured. Khal gave into her because he is her sun and stars, as she reminds him often. He then killed a dude and ripped out his tongue through his windpipe. My sexy savage beast.
*Dreamy Eyes* Does it get sexier than this? I think not.
Want more Khal – you know you do – go here.
3. Now in Twilight news (Poor Edward is such a wussy compared to Khal….) The trailer for Breaking Dawn is out. I realllllly dislike this book. But I find it is my duty to go see this movie with the girlfriends. It’s actually going to be two movies *sob* I always recommend a stop at a wine bar before viewing these movies ;)
1. We are having my sister in-law’s baby shower this weekend. My niece is scheduled to arrive in late July and I can’t wait. I may or may not have bought lots of girly outfits. :) Happy Friday!!