10. My week – I’m home from the beach. We had a fab time. Waves were jumped, sand crabs were collected, adult beverages were consumed. Every day hubs would make a new sand sculpture. King Kong is above. Look at the moobs on that sucker. Yes, I fondled them.
9. I just finished The Edge of Night by Jill Sorenson. This is the first I’ve read by her and really enjoyed it. It is a romantic suspense revolving around four people in a town near San Diego. This town is heavy into gang violence and a series of murders of young women have come up. There is the lead romance between Officer Noah and waitress April and a side romance between Noah’s sister Meghan and a gang member Eric (who you totally end up rooting for). I love how you know these four lives are going to entwine into the murder mystery by the end, you just don’t know how. It was fun getting there. For a full review, go to goodreads. Rating: B. Amazon.
8. Cover Alert X 2! A Little Death (M/F PNR – August 2nd) and Stay the Night (M/M Erotic – October 17th) by Scarlett Parrish are both coming out later this year. Earlier this year I read both Plus One and By the Book and really love her voice. Excited for both of these!! Go to her blog for the blurbs.
7. The RWA (Romance Writers Association) conference was just held in NYC last week. Sarah from Smart Bitches, Trashy Books took this really fun video during the literacy signing where you can see many of your favorite authors. Love.
6. One of my all time favorite historical romances is $.99 for both Kindle and Nook. If you have not read Lord of Scoundrels, DO IT. Sebastian, oh Sebastian. Also $.99 right now – A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore. Kindle, Nook.
5. I wrote brief thoughts on the Hunger Game trilogy earlier this week, but I am here to make sure you all know how obsessed I am with this series. And now that there is a movie in production, I am obsessed with it as well. Be prepared for no more moob talk – that is so history (except when Conan comes out) I’ve pretty much read every tidbit I could find on the Hunger Games movie. I have my husband, mother, father, sister in-law and two friends reading the series right now so they can all be prepared for the movie. Woody Harrleson as Haymitch? Brilliant. Donald Sutherland as President Snow? YES. What’s her face for Katniss? She looks good to me. Also, we all know I have a thing for Thor, played by Chris Hemingsworth. His brother is cast as Gale!!! Let the swooning begin.
4. I’m kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I haven’t watch True Blood yet this season! *sticks head in sand* I’m sorry!! My Smexy side is very disappointed in my Mandi side. I just can’t muster up the excitement to watch it. Is it good? Am I missing out? Has Eric been shirtless/pantless/sexiness? What is wrong with me? (pssst..moob withdrawal). P.S – That picture of Alcide + Me = Very dirty thoughts.
I did however watch the season premiere of Flipping Out this week. Man I love this show. Jeff is so freaking spazzy. And he has a new boyfriend Gage..so cute. And Zoila. I want a housekeeper Zoila. <3 <3 <3.
2. Peach-Vanilla Cream Pops (pssst – with amaretto, if you are a lush like me). Courtesy of Full Fork Ahead. I can’t wait to make them!
1. As you read this, I’m tubing down a river with my children. I better not see any snakes or other creatures that live in the wild. ;) This weekend I’m diving into What a Goddess Wants by Stephanie Julian. Happy Friday!!!