10. My Week – Hey, Smexy has a new look! A new template that I hope makes everything look a bit cleaner and is easier to use. A HUGE thank you to Sophia from Fiction Vixen for installing and designing it. If it wasn’t for her, there wouldn’t be much going on at Smexy. I email her things like – “you know that thingy that goes in the side bar – how do I put that in” – and she somehow interprets and does it for me. She is awesome like that.
8. Prepare yourselves – I read Envy by J.R. Ward and I liked it! I know, I’m shocked too! I’m not a huge fan of the first two books in this series but I started reading tidbits of how this book was better so I tried it. It IS better. Romantic, good stuff from Jim/Ad/Eddie, and I liked the Hero and Heroine. Helyce will have a full review next week!
Also a reminder that JR Ward is having an online chat with Christine Feehan, tonight at 8pm EST. Link to Chatroom. (Once it opens, no password is needed).
7. I’m posting my full review of Mistress by Marriage next week, BUT – I must talk about it a bit today. For one thing I loved it. And another, it is going to be the Smart Bitches September book club chat (I assume at the end of the month). This is going to be a FUN book to chat about.
Quick set up – Hero Edward, 40ish very cold, proper, never emotional sees Heroine Caroline, 31, barely in good standing with the ton, scandalized, kinda poor, but bright red haired beauty at a ball. He impulsively marries her a few days later. The marriage is a disaster – they separate. Five years later is when the book starts. He makes a visit once a year on their anniversary for some sexy times. They are both celibate this entire separation but the other doesn’t know it *bites lip* – and their passion…and angst. They love each other but hate each other.
Plus the heroine writes naughty romance books that stars Edward as the villain, dying some dreadful death at the end of each one. They way her books are worked into the story is adorable. I think this one worked so well for me because they are horrible to each other, but there is so much humor in this one too! And erotic sex. (Hello mirror on her bedroom ceiling *ahem*). Love.
6. Thanks to a heads up from Patti at Caught in a Fab Romance, we have the new cover to Nice Girls Don’t Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper – Jane Jameson #4, due to release February 28, 2012. Blurb at Goodreads. YAY!
One more cover alert! Hot Under Pressure by Louisa Edwards. This is book 3 in her Rising Star Chef series, due out next March. Book one just released. I NEED to read a Louisa Edwards book. For reals. (And omg that arm…rawr)
5. Yes – The Breaking Dawn (Part 1) Trailer. This book starts off so nice with the wedding – awww. And then the honeymoon. And even though it is fade to black we get a broken headboard and sex feathers strewn about. But then she has to get pregnant. Blech! Boo! And the story goes downhill….but damn it I’m going to see this movie. It’s a tradition. My friends and I hit up a wine bar first…which usually makes these movies much more enjoyable ;)
And then we still have to get through Part 2….
Girls and boys – check this out. Pictured above is Tatum Channing, Matt Bomer, Alex Pettyfer, and Joe Manganiello.
This movie is based on Channing Tatum’s days as “working the pole” before he became an actor. The men above will be STRIPPERS. OH HAI. Joe Manganiello’s character’s name is “Big Dick Richie” – does it get better than this? Rumor has it the director is not shy about frontal nudity. I’m already assembling a girls night out for this event. Due out sometime next year.
3. O.M.G. Look what I am going to be able to wear. Khal Drogo’s moobs on my moobs. Or something like that. This shirt is available at the HBO Store. Don’t you think Smexy Claus needs to bring this to me for Christmas? Yes. Yes I do.
Even more exciting, May has designed the May/Mandi/Moob Stamp of Approval
In our pretend world, we stamp this on the books we both love. For example, our earlier review of Unclaimed by Courtney Milan gets the Moob stamp approval. It is the highest form of praise we can give a book.
What lucky book will be next?
2. Hubs sent me this link yesterday morning but I also saw it make the Twitter rounds. After the first few seconds I thought this was set up but if you watch the whole thing, it is definitely a genuine moment. And absolutely adorable. I told hubs I want to be them when we grow up. He said, we will.
Also – *I die* at the 1:45 mark. :)