10. Earlier in the week, a deer hunter fell out of a tree at the end of my street (my street dead-ends at a big wooded area. Also, I live in redneckville). Four fire trucks, three ambulances, police and the medevac helicopter all came. I guess he had a phone, and was able to call 9-1-1. It was dramatic, especially watching the helicopter try to land in this small field on my street. I have no idea how hurt the hunter was, I hope he is okay. My little street can’t handle that type of chaos!
9. Today is Veteran’s Day, and in honor of that all profits from SEAL of my Dreams (out today!) will go to the Veterans Research Corporation. You can see the huge list of authors that have contributed to this book. I might have to check this one out. I’m really into military romantic suspense books right now. Plus, I’m totally glomming Cindy Gerard and she has a story in here.
8. Lisa Kleypas has released an excerpt for her upcoming contemporary, Rainshadow Road (Book 2 in her Friday Harbor series.) Go HERE to read it. Releases in February.
I’m actually listening to my first Kleypas contemporary, Smooth Talking Stranger. I like her historicals for the most part, so I thought I would try a contemporary. So far so good.
Speaking of her historicals, I found out this week that May has never read Dreaming of You. Which means she has never met Derek Craven. *Cough* *Splutter* *Flail* She may have gotten one or two emails from me on that subject.
7. We are nearing the end of the year, which means the “top book” lists are starting to come out. We’ll have ours later in December at Smexy Books (which will include top sex scenes as well..of course ;)
But this week Publishers Weekly and Amazon came out with their best books.
Amazon’s Best Romance Books:
Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase (5 star book for Mandi)
Archangel’s Blade by Nalini Singh (5 star book for Mandi)
Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks (Read 1st and 3rd in this series, somehow missed this one – but I hear really good)
Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison (5 star book for Mandi)
What I did for a Duke by Julie Anne Long (Have not read but have heard amazing things!!!)
Breaking Point by Pamela Clare (Have not read but again, have heard all great things)
Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole (Loved this book – poor Aidan the Fierce)
The Next Always by Nora Roberts (Just an okay book for me…..)
Heart of Steel by Meljean Brook (Haven’t read but Tori loved!)
Unveiled by Courtney Milan (5 star book for Mandi)
I think besides the Nora Roberts, these are excellent romance books.
6. Now I have to say, I don’t agree much with Publisher’s Weekly list.
Angel’s Rest by Emily March (Haven’t heard of this one)
Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Lynn Rigaud (*sputters* I can’t stand Austen mash-ups. Maybe this book is good but all I can say is noooooooooo)
The Secret Mistress by Mary Balogh (I haven’t read this one, but I do adore Mary Balogh books)
No Proper Lady by Isabel Cooper (Haven’t read this one)
Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt (5 star book for Mandi – Oh Mickey!)
All of you Adrien lovers and Jake haters this is your chance to ask them anything you ever wanted to know about their relationship. There will be a joint interview on this site and Josh Lanyon’s blog with Adrien English and his on again off again lover, Jake Riordan, on Tuesday, December 20th just in time for the holidays. A & J have been retired for 2 years which is great timing to chat with them and find out what they’re doing other than looking after the cat and sipping margaritas.
You can submit your questions through November 19th at Jessewave. So get askin’!
And on a side note, my absolute favorite declaration of love comes in the final book of this series (The Dark Tide, bk 5).
Adrien says: “Why can’t you say it [love]?”
He [Jake] stared at me with disbelief….
“Love you? Of course I love you. Baby, I fucking worship you.”
OH JAKE! Gawd I love these two. Five torturous books for us to get to that line. And it was so worth it. Fatal Shadows is book one in this series if you’ve never read it. A really great m/m series. Adrien is one of my absolute favorite characters.
4. I had a moment of excitement this week. I heard there was a new teaser trailer for season two of Game of Thrones. I LOVE this show people. Dead moobies and all. I said “wheeee!!” and did a little *fist pump* I poured a cup of coffee and got a cookie and settled in front of YouTube. Are you ready? Hold onto your seats.
Whoa HBO!! Now don’t give us too many spoilers. *Rolls eyes* WTF! LAME! Damn it HBO. *shakes fist* And while we are talking lame, why don’t you bring back Jason Momoa?? There, I feel better now.
3. Girl Scouts are coming out with cookie flavored chap stick, Oh hells to the yes. Hand over the Samoa to Smexy. We all know that is the best flavor. Apparently you can get all five flavors – Thin Mints, Trefoils, Chocolate Peanut Butter (Tagalongs), Peanut Butter (Do-si-dos), and Coconut Caramel Stripes (Samoas) for $5 bucks at Walmart. Yee-haw!
2. Let’s take a moment to admire this fine, fine man. Melissa Schroeder posted him on facebook for me because she knows I love a hairy chest. His hands seem to be beckoning us to remove his pants. What? They are.
I don’t know his name, but really, he can just sit there and look pretty for us.
1. My Weekend – One of my good friends is getting married tonight. I’m so excited for her. So I’ll be dancing the night away. This weekend I plan to finish Men Under the Mistletoe (which is good!) and start The Limit of Desire by Nico Rosso. Happy Friday!