10. Is Thanksgiving really next week? o_O. Which means the week after that is our Breakfast with Santa and trip to the tree farm. *sweats* Must get into holiday mode! Maybe if I dress my pug like the one above, we can get into the Christmas spirit. Also, why is it so easy to make pugs look like idiots? LOLOLOL.
9. The blog, All Things Urban Fantasy (which has a fab new design by the way) is hosting its annual, Cover Art Awards. You can nominate covers from a vareity of different categories – for example: Best male cover, best male with animal cover, best anthology cover, best debut cover..just to name a few. If you have a hard time thinking of covers like me, you can go here – to see covers throughout the year. I believe nominations close this Sunday. Go HERE for all the information.
8. Cover Alert! Confessions from an Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville, coming out March 2012. I read her last book, The Amorous Education of Celia Seaton and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to this!
6. The four authors of the Men Under the Mistletoe anthology (which is a great collection of m/m stories! I also love staring at the cover *ahem*) is having a little scavenger hunt through December 2nd. Read each of their excerpts and fill out the entry form at each website. Go HERE for all information. Up for grabs…a $100 giftcard!
5. I’m sure everyone has seen this by now, but just in case, above is the official trailer for The Hunter Games, out March 23rd. I like what I see so far. The very end when Katniss and gang are running full out for the gear gave me a shiver. For whatever reason, I resisted reading these books until this past summer, but once I did – I loved them sooo much. I pretty much made all friends and family read them too. It will be fun to go to the movies with everyone this March!
4. I have a confession to make. *hides* I watched my very first episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer this week. Now – don’t start yelling at me! I don’t know why I’ve never seen it – probably because hubs picks the tv shows we watch and well..Buffy isn’t really for him.
When I sat down to play with my new Kindle Fire, I noticed Amazon Prime has Buffy for free – so I seized the opportunity. I like it so far. I’m two episodes into the first season…so I have a ways to go. But I popped my Buffy cherry – and it felt good y’all.
3. Another trailer – One for the Money based off of the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum books. Have you read them? I made it to maybe book five or six in this series. The first couple are really cute…but then I just got a little tired of them. I’m not a huge Katherine Heigl fan but I do think Jason O’Mara is a good fit for Morelli. Comes out in January.
2. It has become a little tradition for my girlfriends and I to go see the Twilight movies together. Which means, yes, I’ll be seeing Breaking Dawn on Saturday. And yes, I might be bringing Little Eddie and Jacob with me. I really didn’t like this book so I’m not expecting a lot out of this movie. The one thing that will get me through it is that we are going to a wine bar afterwards. *grins* Last year, we went to the wine bar first, and I may or may not remember actually watching Eclipse. *ahem* Wine bar after is a much better plan. Or maybe..we did have it right last year. LOL.
1. My weekend is full of indoor soccer, basketball practice, Breaking Dawn and the Ravens game. Busy! I’m also sneaking in some time to read the Holiday Kisses anthology and Karma Girl by Jennifer Estep. Happy Friday!