10. Today’s Top Ten is brought to you by David ‘Gander.’ (I make myself snort, it’s true)
9. If you haven’t seen it yet, Kresley Cole released her cover for Shadow’s Claim. This will be the first book in her Dacian series (a spin off of her current Immortals After Dark series.) We meet the Dacians briefly in Lothaire. Damn, I like this cover. We have rain, a clawed up shirt, a sword, destruction in the background. Bring. It. On. From Cole’s Facebook Page:
Trehan (the master assassin from LOTHAIRE) enters a blood-sport tournament for the hand of Princess Bettina (his halfling mate). I wanted to depict a hero who desires his heroine so much, he’s eager to run into the fray for her, to spit blood with a grin on his face–because with every blow he takes and gives, he’s one step closer to claiming her (of course, Bettina has a mind of her own, and things don’t go exactly as planned for poor Trehan).
WANT. Releases November 27.
8. More cover goodness. Last Kiss Goodnight by Gena Showalter. I see a dude in a cage! Blurb:
Black ops agent Solomon Judah awakens caged and bound in a twisted zoo where otherworlders are the main attraction. Vika Lukas, the owner’s daughter, is tasked with Solo’s care and feeding. The monster inside him yearns to kill her on sight, even though she holds the key to his escape. But the human side of him realizes the beautiful deaf girl is more than she seems—she’s his.
Vika endures the captives’ taunts and loathing, hoping to keep them alive even if she can’t free them. Only, Solo is different—he protects her. But as hostility turns to forbidden romance, his feelings for her will be used against him…and he’ll be put to a killer test.
This one looks good too! This one releases December 26th. So far away…
7. Two good pieces of info from Nalini Singh this week. First, she posted a Q&A about her Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter series. She also posted the first chapter (or at least part of it) from Archangel’s Storm (Jason’s book is out September 4th)
6. The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning is one of my favorite series. While I’ve reread the first 4 books several times, I’ve only read Shadowfever on release day. So this week I downloaded it from Audible and I can’t tell you how much I’ve been enjoying the audio version. First because I forgot a lot of the book but also, Phil Gigante’s voice as Barrons gives me an eargasm. I’m not kidding. Here is a small clip from Dreamfever (bk 4) if you want to hear his voice. Oh Barrons. I’m currently at the part in Shadowfever when Barrons returns and is just a bit pissed off that Mac was kissing Darroc. OMG. I have anxiety and I know what is going to happen. LOL. Anyway, the point of all this babbling is to say – you should definitely try the Fever series in audio. It is fun.
5. Don’t my legs look awesome wrapped around Joe M? What?
He can look so damn fine in pictures. And he is in Magic Mike, another reason for us to drool. (source)
4. First of all, WTF is this? His gun is pointing directly at his peen!! This makes me snort. LOL. I get that Tom Cruise is going to be in the movie Rock of Ages, where he plays a a rock star in the 1980’s (I think). But I just don’t think this is the way to go here Tom. If you want to wear guyliner, your name must be Pete, Brandon or Jack:
And if you want to wear a gun tattoo, only Mateus (link nsfw) can pull that off
Mateus is def a favorite of mine….
3. Recently, I signed up for Birchbox. For $10 a month, you get one box a month of beauty samples. This month I received nail polish, a sample of foundation, shampoo and eye cream. I’m a make-up junkie so this is perfect for me. I think every box is a little different. You can also give subscriptions for gifts, which I think is a fun idea. There is a waiting list of sorts when you sign up, but I was only on there for a week or so.
2. Speaking of make-up, I love Benefit cosmetics. My favorites:
This is a body balm that doesn’t necessarily have sparkles in it, but it makes your skin shimmer after you apply it. Plus it smells amazing. I love to wear it when I wear dresses. I’ve gone through tons.
I have gone through hundreds of mascaras (have I mentioned I like makeup?) and Bad Gal Lash is my favorite. Plus you turn into a bad ass when you wear it. True story.
I bought this set because it is called “Finding Mr. Bright,” and it reminded me of the song, Mr. Brightside by The Killers. Yes, I’m a sucker. LOL. I use everything in this though, especially the Posie Tint, which can go on your cheeks or your lips.
1. This weekend I’m reading Blood Kin by MJ Scott (previous book, Shadow Kin is a really good pnr-ish of sorts) and One More Summer by Liz Flaherty (on the rec of Brie). It’s good so far, I like that the supporting characters also have strong parts in this book. Happy Friday!!