10. Do you guys feel different today? I think we are all different people than last Friday. Why? Because WE’VE SEEN PRINCE HARRY NAKEY!! We’ll discuss shortly.
9. Oh Gideon Cross. Sylvia Day has released the first chapter in book two of her Crossfire series, Reflected in You. Read it HERE!!! Oh this is just crack.
"I won’t be back until Sunday night, Eva."
Oh… I felt a sharp twinge in my belly at hearing we’d be apart that long. Most couples didn’t spend every free moment together, but we weren’t like most people. We both had hang-ups, insecurities, and an addiction to each other that required regular contact to keep us functioning properly. I hated being apart from him. I rarely went more than a couple hours without thinking of him.
Not Sunday Gideon! Don’t say it! How can they be apart for this looonnng?! I love this series. LOL. If you haven’t read it, you must go read Bared to You (book one). Gideon is a total stalker but a damn sexy one. And in romance book, you can so get away with being a stalker and attractive rather than a creep. And you can get away with needing to be in constant contact with someone to keep ‘functioning properly.’
"You hit me the instant I saw you," he said gruffly. "I couldn’t look away. I wanted you immediately. Excessively. Almost violently."
Crack I tell you. Crack.
Reflected in You comes out October 2.
8. Julie James has said her next book in her FBI/US Attorney series will be called Love Irresistibly and will feature Cade (Assistant US Attorney who is friends with Rylann in About That Night) Blurb:
A former football star and one of Chicago’s top prosecutors, Assistant U.S. Attorney Cade Morgan will do anything to nail a corrupt state senator, which means he needs Brooke Parker’s help. As general counsel for a restaurant company, she can get a bug to the senator’s table at one of her five-star restaurants so the FBI can eavesdrop on him. All Cade has to do is convince Brooke to cooperate—and he’s not afraid to use a little charm, or the power of his office, to do just that.
A savvy businesswoman, Brooke knows she needs to play ball with the U.S. Attorney’s office—even if it means working with Cade. No doubt there’s a sizzling attraction beneath all their sarcastic quips, but Brooke is determined to keep things casual. Cade agrees—until a surprising turn of events throws his life into turmoil, and he realizes that he wants more than just a good time from the one woman with whom he could fall terrifyingly, irresistibly in love . . .
Go to Julie James’s site to see who she pictures Cade as. I approve. (there is also an excerpt).
7. Gena Showalter says Kane’s book will be titled The Darkest Craving and will be released at some point next summer. I haven’t read the Lords of the Underworld series yet. I know! I know! I suck. I neeeeed to read them. As I typed this, I went to Amazon and bought this bundle, which has the first three books (plus a novella). So see – I WILL read them. At some point.
Gena Showalter has also posted the blurb for Beauty Awakened, book two in her Angels of the Dark series, out next February.
From my favorite tumblr, #WhatShouldWeCallMe – “When I Saw The Pictures of Prince Harry….Naked”
5. STARKERS. Oh Harry. Every time I see a red star I will now think of Prince Harry’s ass. I’m totally fine with that.
But really, who hasn’t gone to Vegas and played strip billiards? Also, I demand strip billiards be in a romance book as soon as possible. Thank you for getting naked Prince Harry and having a ‘friend’ leak the photos.
He also went swimming with Ryan Lochte. Oh to be in that pool.
I also adore the fact that my phone exploded with texts and tweets making sure I didn’t miss the nakey prince. Do my friends know me or what?
4. Now for disturbing news. Kate emailed me to tell me Jason Momoa (my beloved, most favorite moobs character ever) is going to be in a movie. called Bullet to the Head. I became very excited! Until I watched the trailer, in which Sylvester Stallone’s character bests him (I assume). Wait, what? Moobs loses to Stallone? Huh? What kind of world are we living in?? Does Momoa ever get to WIN? First he dies of infected moobies and now he gets beat by an old dude? It’s just not right.
3. October 14th. Season 3. BRING IT.
(I found the covers at this tumblr, which I love. If you like boys w/ no clothes, Abigail Roux, and hot actors, it’s a tumblr for you.)
2. Reports came out recently that Mattel was going to release, ‘Drag Queen Barbie.’ I have to say, I got excited. Now they are saying, no, no…this Barbie isn’t a drag queen,it is just being designed by Phillipe Blond. and “bears a striking resemblance to Phillipe Blond’s drag persona.” Either way, she is pretty smokin’ in that picture. You can buy her here.
And to disturb you and give you nightmares this weekend – I give you Prince William Barbie.
Now, if only Prince Harry was a Barbie!!! I wonder if he would have a red star on his hiney?
Run Princess Kate Barbie . RUN!!
(Stolen from Kristan Higgins’s Facebook Page. If only it were real. Le sigh.)
1. My final weekend before school starts! I’ve survived the summer. *pumps fist* This weekend I’m going to finish reading Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie (which I am adoring) and maybe even start The Darkest Night! *gasp* Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend!