10. Top Ten is starting with a picture Becks shared on his Facebook Page. Becks in a suit is always a good start to a Top Ten.
9. The new Kindle is here! The new Kindle is here! Oh my pretty, pretty precious. Yesterday, Amazon unveiled the new Kindle Paperwhite. Not only does it have this new Paperwhite display, with a built-in light but it comes with an eight week battery life. It is $119 with ads, $139 with no ads and $179 with 3G.
I have the Kindle Touch with ads currently, and the ads have never once bothered me. They only appear at the bottom of the menu. Not when you are reading. Oh! One more thing – the new Kindle will track how fast you read, and in the bottom left corner will tell you approximately how many hours/minutes you have remaining on your book.
They also unveiled the new Kindle Fire – Regular for $159 ($199 in HD), a bigger 8.9 inch model for $299, (or $499 with 4G/32 GB). I have the original Fire and I don’t feel the need to upgrade at this point.
8. Tuesday September 11 – Ilona Andrews, Nalini Singh and Katie MacAlister will be having an online chat. You can go HERE to preview the chat room. (starts at 3pm est).
Also – Ilona Andrews is currently giving away arcs of Steel’s Edge, the next (and I think final?) book in their Edge series. Head over to their blog to enter.
7. There is now a Fifty Shades magazine. I saw it at my local drug store. You guys – you can learn to “Release your Inner Goddess” and have a Christian Grey inspired cocktail. They even list 20 books “steamier than Shades.” WHAT? There are other erotic books out there??? *ahem* – Actually, I wonder what books they rec? I might have to flip through it and see next time I’m at the store.
6. Speaking of 50 Shades…I found a site called, Fifty Shades Generator. With the click of a button, it will generate an erotic passage for you. OMG. First of all, it’s NSFW. And SO FILTHY. One of the first passages I read started with:
He munched on my roast beef platter…
I can’t even type what came next. It’s very, very nasty yet made me laugh soooo much. Go give it a try. If you read any good lines copy them into the comments! They also have a YouTube video of people reading from this site. Again, there is NSFW language.
5. What happened to this girl’s nippies? THEY ARE MISSING! Link.
4. I love this video – someone went through Mad Men shows and pulled out lyrics to match Never Gonna Give Up by Rick Astley. Wait for it to start around the 20 second mark. Seriously, how long did this take to compile? Someone is a dedicated Mad Men fan out there!
3. Awesome movie alert. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters trailer is out. It’s 15 years after their gingerbread house ordeal, and Hansel and Gretel are bad ass bounty hunters going after witches. I love the idea of this movie – plus Jeremy Renner plays Hansel. WIN. I think it comes out this January.
2. Who wants to see half naked firemen??? The 20th anniversary of the South Florida Firefighters calendar try outs. Oh there are some cute ones. Also – at the 1:48 mark – that is totally going to be me in 50 years. Also, I may move to South Florida. Thanks to Tori who featured this video on her blog earlier this week!! You can order your 2013 calendar HERE.
1. Now that Amazon Prime is streaming Friday Night Lights, I’m going to give this series a try. I hear there is character named Riggins that I might enjoy? Have I heard correctly? I hope to watch the first few episodes this weekend! Happy Friday and stay smexy!