J.R Ward had a book signing yesterday to celebrate the release of Lover at Last and as usual did a Q&A and told us some good information. The details I’m about to give were gathered from people who were at the signing and tweeted. Special thanks to @mslizalou and @betsdifranco for their tweets!
There are spoilers below for upcoming JR Ward books. You have been warned.
The spring 2014 BDB book will be titled – The King. And it will be about Wrath and Beth. You can watch JR Ward announce it on video HERE. About half my tweet stream cheered, the other half kind of said – eh? been there, done that. What are your thoughts on this? Do you like repeat character books? Do you like she went a new route with the title? I love to revisit past characters so I am totally on board. And with Ward, it won’t just be Wrath’s story again. It will be Trez, Assail and Xcor in there too. Ward also said Beth will be having a baby.
– She also mentioned Butch will get another book and hinted that others will get repeat books as well.
– Sola (Assail’s…woman) is 100% human. (let’s hope she doesn’t turn ghost!!)
– Throe may have family alive that we may meet (she did a “keep reading”)
– Qhuinn’s sister really is dead. Luchas and him will continue to heal.
– Lash will be back
– Saxton will play a major part in upcoming plot line (I likey!!)
– Qhuinn and Blay will be mated. (and hopefully we get hot mated sex? LOL)
– Ward noted that Layla is a full bred vampire so her pregnancy will last a long time but Beth is only a half breed……
– stuff needs to happen with Xhex before Murdher gets a book
– Phury’s future is tied up with the Scribe Virgin
– Layla is definitely a fallen chosen
– We will find out more about the woman who serviced Xcor and his brothers and she also hosted that dinner with Wrath…she is married to the really old guy.
– The Angel book out this fall (her other series) will be titled Possession.
So are we happy? I’m excited for more Wrath and Beth. I’m also excited to see how Xcor will change/redeem/betray so that he can be with Layla. I LOVE those two. And Ward seems to be really excited for Assail and Sola stuff. I’m glad their story is staying as a supporting one for now. Also interested to see how long it takes Trez to hump Selena *wink* Have I mentioned I love the BDB?? Is it March 2014 yet?