10. I don’t know if I blame this on being 40, or just being a big dummy but… on Wednesday, I dropped my son off at his 30 min piano lesson, and I ran to the grocery store to grab a few things. I then promptly drove home, and unloaded the groceries and kept thinking – hmmm something feels weird. Yes, I forgot my son was still at piano (I had his cell phone in my purse) so that was super awesome.
And then yesterday, I drove him to his 90 min rugby practice. I came home and started dinner, and my husband and I watched some tv. And then my phone started beeping with text from other parents asking if my kid needed a ride home because I forgot him AGAIN!!
I forgot him twice in a row! He is in a camp this afternoon. Will I forget him again??? Make it three days in a row?? Can I remember that I have two kids, and realize when one is out of the house???
9. New weekend convention alert! I’ll copy/paste from the KissCon page…
Avon Books is launching its first weekend-long reader event, an extension of the imprint’s popular “KissCon” platform. KissCon Weekend Affair will take place April 5-7, 2019, in Chicago, and will feature more than 20 fan-favorite Avon and HQN authors. The ticketed event will offer attendees opportunities to interact with romance authors during panels and parties, a #SpectacularSigning featuring all the participating writers, previews of future publications, and access to branded swag and advance review copies of hot upcoming titles! In addition, Swish Beverages, makers of Babe Rosé with Bubbles, will be sponsoring “Saturday Sparkles” reader reception.
The following romance authors are confirmed for KissCon Weekend Affair: Maya Banks, Lori Foster, Jeaniene Frost, Eloisa James, Beverly Jenkins, Tracey Livesay, Sarah MacLean, Julia Quinn, Alisha Rai, Jennifer Ryan, Cat Sebastian, Jill Shalvis, Nisha Sharma, Mia Sosa, Alyssa Cole,Lori Wilde, Lorraine Heath, Marie Tremayne, HelenKay Dimon, Sophie Jordan, Viviene Lorrett, Tessa Bailey, and Eva Leigh
KissCon Weekend Affair will offer three tiers of tickets: $75 (one day), $150 (two-day), $185 (three day). Go HERE for all the information
— BuzzFeed (@BuzzFeed) July 26, 2018
8. WHY is Henry Cavill so sexy??? Why is his voice perfect??? I don’t understand this. I also feel like I should be tweeting about him because I pretty much agree with all of those thirsty tweets above.
7. Two book to movie/television news! First, The Hating Game by Sally Thorn (one of the most adorable books!) is going to be made into a movie! Sounds like it’s already been adapted and there are producers and directors. I’m so excited! Link.
Also, Julia Quinn’s Bridgerton series is coming to netflix. Yassssss….
Untitled Bridgerton Project
Based on Julia Quinn’s best-selling series of novels, this smart feminist take on Regency England romance unveils the glittering, wealthy, sexual, painful, funny and sometimes lonely lives of the women and men in London’s high society marriage mart as told through the eyes of the powerful Bridgerton family. Link
Let’s keep it going! I love seeing romance books on tv :)
Genuinely one of the greatest moments of tv ever ever ever ever pic.twitter.com/KMB3ZUgIj3
— Congolesa “Fire @Jack” Rice (@judeinlondon2) July 23, 2018
6.Helenkay Dimon retweeted this tweet this week – and it made me LOL so much that I had to share it with you. This is a clip from the tv show, One Tree Hill – a show I never watched but I’ve definitely heard of. I honestly can’t believe the above series of events was actually written and approved as part of this story line. It will make you go – HUH??? Thankfully, Therese Beharrie, is not only a fab author, but a One Tree Hill lover and gave us an explanation:
The dark-haired guy is the show’s baddie and he needs a heart transplant, which goes terribly awry, as you can see 😂 ironic, since he shot his brother in the heart. The brother happened to be the blond one’s surrogate father, though dark-haired guy is his biological father 😂
Well that makes perfect sense!
“I’m all about, like, cheese and pork belly and decadence, and as a result of the increased vanity of being on camera all the time and working out and eating healthy, I’m developing a fast-casual food concept restaurant that I’m gonna be opening here in New York,” he said.
If you watch Queer Eye, Antoni doesn’t really cook…he just kind of puts food together in maybe a salad or maybe a sandwich. But hey – I’ll still eat at this diner. Because who isn’t about cheese and pork belly??? Link
4. This little ice cream shop in Scotland likes to try different flavors for its ice cream. But Mayonnaise??? I’m sure it’s creamy…but it’s still mayonnaise. (some of their other flavors look amazing and now I want ice cream).
3. I need to get filled! I mean…my teeth need a filling. Yeah.
2. Your Friday recipe: Onion strings. Super easy to make – and I put them on cheese steak subs. Honestly, I don’t even need the steak – I’d eat an onion ring sub and be 100% happy. I don’t know what soaking the onions in buttermilk does, but do it! They turn out perfect. (I also use a lot of cayenne pepper in the flour to make them spicy).
1.My niece turns seven this weekend and we have a big rugby tournament. I can’t believe it’s August next week! The summer needs to slow down! Have a great weekend!