10. The RWA convention was last weekend and from what I could tell on Twitter, a good time was had by all. I know Kini had a blast. For a complete list of RITA winners you can go here.
While on the website I discovered this list of Romance Trailblazers. It’s pretty cool.
Bustle also had a nice article featuring all the winners complete with buy links. The 2019 RITA Award Winners Are The Best Romance Novels Of The Last Year
9. My husband and I are officially into Season 3 of Lucifer and I think he is just as addicted as I am. (Maybe more) I know season five will be the last, and I was super excited to see that Netflix is adding six more episodes. I’ll take as much Lucifer, Maze, Amenadiel, and Chloe as I can get.
8. Cheez-It is here for us. They know what we need and delivered. Box wine and cheezy snacks for the bargain price of $25.00. You can buy it here.
7. I haven’t read this yet, but I may need to. It is set to air on HBO Max and sounds like something I would like.
6. Entertainment Weekly’s July Hot Stuff is out and they have reviews of the newest releases by Sarah MacLean, Sabrina Jeffries, K.M. Jackson, Kristin Rockaway, and Nina Hill.
5. I had something else here and then I saw the new cover for Chasing Cassandra by Lisa Kleypas on Twitter and I had to share. LOL. This is the sixth book in The Ravenels series and will focus on Cassandra and Tom Severin.
4. August is Read a Romance month! Check out the Read-A-Romance Month website’s calendar for information on guest authors and if you enter Read A Romance into Twitter there are several posts about romance novels and for romance lovers.
3. If you live in the DC area Kini will be moderating a chat with Abby Jimenez (The Friend Zone) at East City Book Shop this Saturday, August 3rd. Check out their website for more information, to RSVP, or to reserve a signed copy of The Friend Zone.
2. So I made the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread recipe I posted in the first Top Ten back and ehhhh… it was okay. I used dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate and kind of wish I would have stuck to the recipe. I plan on making these Snickerdoodle cupcakes next and OMG they look so delicious. I’ll report back.
1. I’m going to the Astros game tonight with my BFF and tomorrow night with my husband. The tickets for tomorrow night’s game are second level, right behind home plate and I am super excited. It’s an all Astros weekend.
I plan on diving into The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai sometime in the next day or so. I’ve heard such good things. We made it to Friday! Y’all have a great weekend!