10. My husband and I moved our daughter from Dallas to Pensacola, FL last weekend and I’m happy to report we made it out alive and relatively unscathed. J (my hubby) and my mom’s husband packed everything into two trucks Tetris style, which I will admit gave me a little bit of anxiety. We made what felt like a million stops, there was cat throw up, a tire that had to be patched mid-trip, and my daughter accidentally called OnStar three times (which for the record shuts down your navigation and radio screen), but she’s a Floridian now and seems to be super excited! Yay!
9. Check out the Romance for RAICES auction which is being run by @LoveInPanels. Funds go toward two great organizations.
The two organizations we are choosing to raise funds for are RAICES and The Young Center, both of which work to guide individuals and families through the immigration and asylum systems in The US. Both systems are complicated and expensive and these organizations have skilled people on the ground doing the work to help. If you’re unfamiliar, The Young Center focuses on advocating for children and considers RAICES a sister organization. (Romance author Amy Jo Cousins works for them.)
8. Good news, my friends! Schitt’s Creek Season 5 is set to hit Netflix in October. (I love this show so much)
6. I don’t have anything for #6 so here’s my sweet girl Delilah getting ready for bed last night.
5. Oh, hey.. here’s another new cover of an upcoming release. This time it’s Andie J. Christopher and if you click the link you can read the blurb too.
One of my fave people in DEE world has a gorgeous new cover. And this BLURB! Nobody does modern dating like @authorandiej! So a Vegas wedding?! Here for it! #Andies1Stan https://t.co/TfmI6KnfP5 pic.twitter.com/wlRguL2HPq— Kennedy Ryan (@kennedyrwrites) September 12, 2019
4. Is everyone following @RomBkPod? It’s a weekly podcast “celebrating inclusive romance one trope at a time”. This is a great podcast for romance loving readers who want more diverse and inclusive recs. Their newest podcast just dropped on Wednesday and is available to stream.
3. Lizzo is featured on Urban Decay’s twitter page wearing the new Naked Honey Palette and OMG. Do I need another eye shadow palette? Yes, yes I do.
2. Don’t forget Kini and I have a Take Our Books Giveaway that ends Sunday evening. Get your comment in and tell us which set you would like to win.
1. I have another long weekend. Heading to Ft. Worth to do wedding hair for a friend. UGH. I mean I love the bride and I’ve been looking forward to this wedding, but the thought of another 8 hours in the car is depressing.
I’m hoping to get some reading in this weekend. I have a ton of ARCs to read, but Taming Demons for Beginners by Annette Marie hit Amazon today and I have been so looking forward to this spin-off series.
It’s Friday! We made it! Have a great weekend!