It is FINALLY Friday. I took a quick trip to the mid-west last weekend to visit my mom, our family, and to go be an observer at the Iowa Caucus. Y’all, I may have broken their system. Just kidding. It was fun to go see the process of the caucus even though I still don’t really understand it. LOL Anyway, back to the top ten!
10. One of the things I did on my 4 days, 4 states trip last weekend was meet-up with some of the folks from KC (Kansas City) Body Liberation. I’ve been following them on Instagram for a bit and they were so kind to let me and my mom join them for lunch. They are a group that is “building a community for people in marginalized bodies.” If you are in or around Kansas City and looking for a group of people that are body/fat positive, I highly recommend this group.
9. Always wanted to hear someone talk about the secret baby trope? Well, you’re in luck! My friend Andrea from Shelf Love Podcast took a detour when we were talking about being nice and Andrea was able to create a minisode about the secret baby trope. We had a lot of fun with this!
8. Not tired of listening to me ramble on about books, well check out this episode of What to Read Next Blog where I talk about some of the books I loved last year and looking forward to this year.
7. RomBkPod this week is talking about “Fake Relationships, Real Feelings” as Ana Coqui talks to Bree and Jazmen about this trope. This is one of my favorite topes so I really loved this episode.
6. Did y’all see this teaser for To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You?
5. LaQuette had a great thread about positive representation of plus size heroines in romance. More of this please :)
4. Looking for stories by diverse and marginalized authors? This new database is here to help!
3. 2:41 minutes of David Rose saying Oh My God
2. Here’s a thing I didn’t know I needed, a Jason Momoa coloring book. Thank you Sheena for letting me know about this.
1. Did y’all see this thread by Humans of NY? It’s a real life story of reinvention, love and forgiveness.
That’s my self promoting top ten for this week. Enjoy your weekend and hopefully you get to spend some time reading and it’s everything you need it to be.