If you have not read Lover Unleashed and you do not want to know what happens in this book, please don’t read further!
Alright y’all. Lover Unleashed. What are we thinking? We’ve had a good ten days to let it sink in. Have you had enough time to soak in the brothers? Did you get your V fix? Does anyone look at a spoon differently these days?
1. Payne/Manny. I didn’t love their relationship. I wanted Payne to be more like Xhex, and not so much like Layla. I also thought Manny’s “sexual healing” (Penny said he has a “Dick of Destiny” *I die*) was a little corny. I did like that Manny’s vamp status is not resolved at the end of the book. Thoughts? Do we like them?
2. Vishous. So what did we think of the “Spoon BDSM” – Hot? I actually liked their chest to chest cuddling scene later in the book better. I thought the actual spoon scene was a little short. BUT – I though Jane/Marissa’s acceptance was well done. I didn’t feel like they cheated or anything. Does Vishous/Jane and Vishous/Butch feel complete and content to you?
What about him walking away from Jane? Would a mated vampire truly leave his mate? (Even though she did try to kill Payne..but whatever!)
3. Xcor/Throe/Zypher – Future brothers? I like Throe – I think he will be the first to come around to the “good” side. And how hot was the threesome?!? Yowza!
4. Qhuinn. Smexy is not happy about this future vision Qhuinn has. A DAUGHTER WITH LAYLA? NO! His winkie belongs solely to Blay!! ;) No, seriously, what is up with this? At her recent signing she confirmed there will be a novella for Qhuay, with lots of man loving. Sooooo…where does Layla come into play? Spaz has a nice theory that maybe Layla surrogates a child for them in future years? I like it.
P.S. – wasn’t that the saddest BJ ever between Saxton and Blay? BJ’s should be a happy occasions! ;)
5. No scribe virgin or No’One in this one. I find this odd since Payne is the heroine. Did you miss them?
6. Butch and Manny share a father. No big shock there. Now..who is it?
7. What else? What did you love? What did you dislike? This book still feel very middle of the road for me. Tohr is next. Is he ready? EEK!!
Information from her recent signing:
“Blogging by Liza” has an excellent recap of the signing JR Ward attended this past weekend. Go HERE to read the full recap. Highlights include:
– Lassiter will get a book – BDB or Angel world to be determined.
– Murdher and Xhex have lots in common
– Rhage/Mary, Wrath/Beth novellas will be in same book. Apparently this will reveal new young.
– Sympaths might become more of a threat in the future
– Not sure if Payne can regenerate Wrath’s eyes. She can’t regrow limbs.
– There will be a lot of John Matthew in Tohr’s book. (WOOOOOOT!)
– Wouldn’t answer who Throe is related to.
– We will learn more about Xcor – he has an “amazing backstory”
– Eventually Butch & Manny’s father will be revealed.
– Qhuinn’s brother is still alive, but not healthy. (Is he still frozen or whatever? Didn’t Lash have him?)
– She wouldn’t comment on the coffins…but they must mean something, right?
– We will see who the leader of the Glymera is in Tohr’s book.
– Veck (Jose de la Cruz’s partner) is the hero in Envy, the next Fallen Angel Book. (I kinda like him!!)
So there we go. Another BDB book has come and gone. Do we start a countdown to Tohr’s book yet? What will the title be? What color will he get? These are very important questions people!