Note: There are Game of Thrones spoilers in #5 (from last week’s episode), if you are not current with the TV Series/book.
10. My Week – School is out. Summer vacation is starting. The “I’m bored” is in full swing. No, I’m happy my kids are home! We have a fun summer planned of a lot of nothing, and a little beach and science camp. I’m ready!
9. Last week I mentioned Don’t Call Her Angel – and I gobbled it up this week. It is a dark erotic novella. Rasul, originally from Jerusalem is strict, stern, paranoid with ocd tendencies and has found the love of his life with Emily. Emily on the outside looks like a little Southern bell, but she suffered sexual abuse when young, and that has shaped who she is sexually as an adult. Although Rasul is extremely possessive, he knows Emily wants another man for a night as a gift, and he wants to give that to her. He wants to show this man and tell this man how to please his wife. Luckily, Emily meets Jeremy at the bar she works in and they have developed a friendship. Jeremy is a more low-key, average dude and although Rasul kind of scares the crap out of him, he can’t pass up a night with Emily.
I love that although this is an erotic book filled with intense love scenes, we also get amazing characters. I think Emily is my favorite in this book. She is not super smart, noting that current events, politics etc… go over her head. She loves the feeling of being weak beneath Rasul, although always in control, never allowing herself to feel that way in any other situation. She likes “doing wrong” in bed. It turns her on. Rasul is very in control all the time. It is hard for him to even let Emily leave the house twice a week to work at a bar. He must check the locks obsessively. And he is rough in bed. Bringing Jeremy in for the night works very well and I love the dynamic when he enters the bedroom.
This book is erotic, but really offers a glimpse at two very different characters. I give this one a B+. Ellora’s Cave
8. I just bought this book based on a review at Dear Author. It involves infidelity. Are we yay or nay with the infidelity? I’m not sure. I’ll report back to you next week. This does involve a tattoo artist – Smexy is definitely yay with that
7. Jeaniene Frost is doing a spinoff series for one of my favorite characters of her Night Huntress series, Vlad. She recently announced on her blog, Vlad’s series will be titled, Night Prince. In her words:
Okay, why “Night Prince”? For one, the word “Night” will – hopefully – let readers know at a glance that these stories are set in the same world as my Night Huntress series and Night Huntress World novels. Second, contrary to the most popular fictional rendering of Vlad the Impaler, he was not a Count. He was essentially a Prince of Wallachia during his reign (Wallachia now being part of modern-day Romania). So there you have the Prince part of the series title.
Set to release spring of 2012, closely followed by another Cat and Bones book. Woo and hoo. For all the info, read her blog post here.
6. In Ava March news, she has a trilogy coming out with Carina Press next spring! Releasing back to back to back starting in April 2012. I’m so excited. Her blurb for the series:
Regency London – where polite manners and spotless reputations reign supreme. Yet behind the closed doors of three elegant town houses along Brook Street, passion and lust reign as gentlemen dare to risk scandal by falling in love…
In Thief, a lord intent on his first decadent night with a man finds love when he picks up a thief in a gambling hell. In Fortune Hunter, a man determined to gain a fortune by marrying an heiress instead falls in love with an obscenely wealthy young gentleman. And in Rogues, two of London’s most notorious rakehells discover if their friendship can withstand the test of turning into something so much more.
Also, I’m so excited for her upcoming release, Convincing Leopold. Convincing Arthur, (where we first meet these characters) was the very first Ava March book I read so it holds a special place in my heart. Out June 28th.
5. Victoria Dahl has a new trilogy – The Donovan Brothers Brewery series, out this fall, starting with Good Girls Don’t. (Followed by Bad Boys Do and Real Men Will). I love her books – funny and soooo smexy. Very excited to start this series!
5. Moob Update: You guys. YOU GUYS. George R.R. Martin might be the meanest author ever to write a book. My boyfriend, my savage lover has a sick moobie! See – he was fighting and next thing you know he had a gash from a sword on his moob. But it’s my mighty Khal. Just a wee gash that is all. Well that gash didn’t heal. *sob* and it started to fester *sob* and then a fever started *SOB* I don’t think this is going to have a happy ending. He is currently in a tent with some freakish witch who is performing blood magic on him.
Of all the ways he could die, he is going down with an INJURED MOOBIE? Death by festered moob!!!! Really? Cruel George Martin! CRUEL! And don’t even get me started on Ned’s fate. Seriously? I’m not sure my little romance heart can take this. The final episode of the season is this Sunday.
3. As if I don’t have enough stress in my life with Game of Thrones, The Killing is also wrapping up its first season. LOVE this show. Is anyone watching? They have tricked me so many times this season, I don’t know what to think! The final episode airs this Sunday. Last week, when that email chimed in you know whose office – I got the chills. I don’t think he is guilty of murder, but zomg. So this Sunday is a big night in the Smexy household with both Game of Thrones and The Killing ending. I’m stressed! *hugs box of wine*
ps – I would love if Detective Holder would show us what is underneath that hoodie. Just once this season! A girl isn’t asking for much here.
2. Ladies – we all love a man in a kilt, yes? But who actually has a kilt laying around the house for your man to put on? I have the solution. The Kilt Beach Towel. Hubba Hubba. Don’t even get me started on the lovely belt and tassel accents. *dies* (Thanks to the awesome Karra for tweeting this!)
1. This weekend my BIL and SIL from NC are coming up for a visit. Last year I got my SIL hooked on JR Ward’s BDB series and now she is obsessed So we have lots to talk about. I’m reading Sea Change by Darlene Marshall – an adventure at sea. Loved The Bride and the Buccaneer last year..excited for this one.