10. My Week – I went to my favorite used bookstore this week. It’s always a special treat to go to. It is owned by this very eldery man and last time I went, I dropped off many books, some brand new, some only read once – and he gave me about $.68 cents for the entire bag. I love him so much. LOL. You can find awesome, awesome deals in this store. The above picture is only one aisle of romance books he has. There is another side to it. Heaven.
9. It’s time to gather around Auntie Smexy again boys and girls. Big news from JR Ward. I had a total Twittergasm over it yesterday. JR Ward put two comments on her facebook page yesterday. First she said:
O.M.G……… the next hardcover BDB book after Tohr has just been decided upon- and I’m not allowed to announce until the spring (please please PLEASE someone ask me that first at the Cinci signing????) but all I can say is my editor, my publisher… are the SH*T!!!!!!
So I of course immediately think QHUAY. But I think…wait, wait..I don’t want to jump conclusions. But then I find another comment that JR Ward makes in the thread – she says:
I just didn’t even hope this would happen, you know???
That HAS to mean Qhuay….right? Why would she say that for a book about Lassiter, or Xcor or whoever else?
QHUAY IN HARDCOVER? Can it be true???? How will we wait until next April to have this confirmed? Thanks to Kate for the heads up.
8. Cara McKenna has a new release this week – Curio. A Parisian male prostitute is hired by a 30 yr old virgin, American girl (living in Paris). This novella is mighty sexy. MIGHTY SEXY. There is much build up to the sex – like pages of the hero pleasuring himself. *gulp* This book is also, warm and sweet. I really enjoyed it. My full review is on Goodreads. Right now, it is only available at Ellora’s cave. I recommend.
7. Cover Alert! About That Night by Julie James. I ADORE her release this year, A Lot Like Love (Which she is giving away 3 copies on her blog right now!). About That Night will be Kyle’s book, who is the brother of the heroine in A Lot Like Love. All of her books are wonderful…funny, sexy and smart. If you aren’t reading her, you are missing out.
I also can’t help staring at the male model’s boner on the cover. Yes I said boner. There is some tent action going on in those pants. But hey – I’m “Team Boners” so it’s cool with me. For the blurb and more info, head to Julie’s blog. This book comes out next April. Can’t wait! Thanks for the heads up Bells!
6. A new series alert, Phoenix Rising, I found over at Leontine’s blog. The first book, Fever is due out next Marc. Brief blurb:
When Dr. Alyssa Foster is taken hostage by a prison inmate, she knows she’s in deep trouble. Not just because Teague Creek is desperate for freedom, but because the moment his fingers brush against her skin, Alyssa feels a razor-sharp pang of need…
A man with a life sentence has nothing to lose. At least Teague doesn’t, until his escape plan developes a fatal flaw: alyssa. On the run from both the law and deadly undercover operatives, he can only give her lies, but every heated kiss tells him the fire between them could be just as devastating as the flames that changed him forever..
There is a much extended blurb on Leontine’s site along with blurbs for the other two books in the series. They look fun!
5. Big news from Amazon – they are coming out with the Kindle Fire. Like the iPad, but smaller and only $199. Pre-order is open! Ships mid-late November. I’m getting one. So excited!
Also – the regular Kindle is now just $79!!
AND – they now have a Kindle Touch for $99/$149.
It’s difficult to love a woman whose vagina is a gateway to the world of the dead…
Steve is madly in love with his eccentric girlfriend, Stacy. Unfortunately, their sex life has been suffering as of late, because Steve is worried about the odd noises that have been coming from Stacy’s pubic region. She says that her vagina is haunted. She doesn’t think it’s that big of a deal. Steve, on the other hand, completely disagrees.
When a living corpse climbs out of her during an awkward night of sex, Stacy learns that her vagina is actually a doorway to another world. She persuades Steve to climb inside of her to explore this strange new place. But once inside, Steve finds it difficult to return… especially once he meets an oddly attractive woman named Fig, who lives within the lonely haunted world between Stacy’s legs.
3. You know Chris Hemsworth who played Thor this summer? He is going to be The Huntsman in the new Snow White and the Huntsman movie out in June of next year. Kristin Stewart is Snow White with Charlize Theron the Evil Queen. Thanks to May for the info! She gives me all the good stuff!
I’ve missed Thor and his mighty hammer. But now I have the Huntsman and his mighty axe. RAWR!
2. Oh what fun this is. A sexy calendar of male librarians!! Hellllooooo. Can someone point me to the libraries where these gentlemen work? Even better – ALL proceeds of this calendar go to the It Gets Better Project, which helps LBGT teens get through their hard, young adult years. A favorite organization of mine to support.
1. This weekend I’m reading Dragon Actually by GA Aiken (I actually think I’ll be reading book two and three as well…loving so hard. There will be a blog post about this series next week!) and To Seduce an Earl by Lori Brighton. Happy Friday!!!!!