We are counting down to the release of the anthology, A Christmas to Remember, featuring Jill Shalvis, Kristen Ashley, Hope Ramsay, Molly Canon and Marilyn Pappano. Yesterday, they stopped at Fiction Vixen and told us their twelve favorite gifts. Today, they are telling us their eleven worst or funniest gifts.
1) The worst was the first Christmas we were married, when my mother-in-law gave me a sexy sheer black nightie with teeny-tiny matching panties. If that wasn’t bad enough, I was seven months pregnant at the time! (Marilyn)
2) One year I received one of those contraptions that yanked the hair out of your legs with coils. It hurt like a son of a gun, and I soon decided it wasn’t for me. I decided it would be a perfect gift for my older sister! She passed it on the next year to our younger sister. After that it would show up as a surprise for somebody. It has disappeared- I’m not sure where it ended up, but it was good for a laugh. (Molly)
3) Second funny gift- One year a relative made us a big wooden contraption, and we weren’t sure if it was a spice rack or a record holder. We used it for a spice rack, but I always worried he might come to visit and would ask why we weren’t using it to hold records. Alas it was lost when our house burned down so I don’t have to worry about it anymore! Silver lining! (Molly)
4) A shoe tree to help me organize my (apparently messy) closet. (Hope)
5) Underwear in my stocking. (Hope)
8) It wasn’t a funny gift, but I did something stupid with it so everyone thought it was funny…that being, me getting a bottle of perfume, getting excited, spritzing it into the air and running through it – with eyes open. I nearly blinded myself Christmas morning! (Kristen)
9) When we were kids, each of us got a mustard yellow hard side suitcase from my Mom. Mustard yellow! It was the waning time of the Brady Bunch, of course, but I look back at those pictures of me hugging my hideous mustard yellow suitcase and giggle myself sick. I was so proud. Yikes. (Kristen)
10). Once I asked Alpha Man for an overnight trip, just us. I was thinking somewhere warm, maybe even with a beach, drinks, and room service. What I got was tickets to the NCAA finals. Note to self: be more specific (Jill)
11). My favorite presents are always plants. But unfortunately I kill them. So one year my family bought me a huge, fake plant. Only they didn’t tell me it was fake. I watered that thing every day until it molded. Yes, I’m still living down the fact that I killed a fake plant, thank you very much. (Jill)
I also have one print copy of A Christmas to Remember to giveaway. To enter, just leave a comment and tell us your worst/funniest gift.
Winners will be picked on November 25. Open to all.
Follow along on the tour!
10 quotes from your novellas (11/24): http://www.abookishescape.com
9 Items on your Holiday List (11/25): www.hesperialovesbooks.com
8 Favorite holiday movies (11/26): http://lbookbliss.com/
7 Things on your holiday wish list (11/27):http://tiffanytalksbooks.com/
6 New year’s resolution (11/28): http://www.cocktailsandbooks.com/
5 Best Holiday Stories (11/29): www.sosaloha.blogspot.com
4 holiday favorite foods (11/30):www.stitchreadcook.com-
3 books you plan to read during the holiday season (12/1): : http://www.thewindowseat13.com/
2 holiday songs (12/2: http://kindlesandwine.com
1 holiday recipe (12/3):http://takingtimeformommy.com