9. The cover and blurb for the much anticipated Brown-Eyed Girl has been released. Not a huge fan of the cover, gotta say. And the blurb:
Avery Crosslin is a talented young fashion designer with a bright future ahead of her. But when the company goes into liquidation, Avery finds herself without a job and a boyfriend who decides to leave her.
When her father falls ill, Avery is by his side day and night. But one evening she notices a young man, Joe, in distress and offers to help. Their instant attraction to one another is magnetic but even though she is unexpectedly charmed by the good-looking stranger, Avery tells him that she has to leave. He asks for her name and number, but she lies and tells him she has a boyfriend. At this point in Avery’s life, the last thing she wants or needs is more complications.
The next day, as Avery returns to the hospital to thank the nurses for taking such good care of her father at the end of his life, one of them gives her an envelope from Joe. It is addressed to “Brown-Eyed Girl.”
Avery knows she wants to see Joe again but she faces a dilemma. When she learns that Joe is the man responsible for her father’s death she is troubled.
Is there any hope of a future for them both?
Hmmmm…this blurb just doesn’t do it for me. I’m totally reading this book though! I love me some Kleypas contemporaries. And historicals. Basically, anything she writes :)
8. I’m still obsessed with the BDB. I can’t help myself. From JR Ward’s Facebook:
The Shadows is officially finished! The manuscript is 749 pages with 178,288 words and 87 chapters- it will expand in copyedits further so I’ll give the final report when we’re through that part! Oh boy, breakout the Kleenex is all I can say… but the last scene is really beautiful!
7. A Jamie Fraser snow globe!!! I wonder when you shake it, if his kilt flips up?? They are missing an opportunity if it doesn’t!!! Buy here.
6. Best goat headline ever? (thanks Brie) My goats would never climb on a roof. Unless there were goat treats up there. They would do ANYTHING for a goat treat – which smells like licorice. I find it odd they like them so much. My son ate one and said it wasn’t so bad. LOL.
5. Because people on Twitter like to get me drunk, Felicia sent me the recipe for this Apple Pumpkintini yesterday. And I just happened to have all the ingredients, so I called my friend over and we had a 4pm martini. I felt very naughty. It was delicious! I used regular apple cider, but I’m going to try the sparkling kind on Thanksgiving day. It has pureed pumpkin in it, so I thought it might be gritty, but it was very smooth – you couldn’t even tell. I even sugared the damn rim of the glass. Man, I’m fancy. – Recipe. It gets two thumb up.
Speaking of gritty drinks – we had our friend thanksgiving this past weekend (every dish had to have bacon – it was amazing). The guys surprised us (the first and only time) with a pre-dinner shot of bourbon and bacon grease. Has anyone ever heard of this?? They said it was the new thing to do. It was disgusting. And there were pieces of bacon in the shot that got stuck in your throat. Seriously gross. Why do boys do gross things to the girls?
4. I think I already featured chicken in shawls on a top ten – right? I don’t know..it’s all blending together. Either way, this is super cute and I demand to own chickens with shawls. (thanks Nicole!) I think we are getting chickens this spring. Because owning goats is not enough apparently.
Have I shared that I’ve become such an obsessive goat owner that I’ve installed a baby monitor in the goat barn so I can hear them during the night? We lock them in the barn/shed because we have predators that would eat goats. So what if there was a fire or some other crisis in the barn?? I’d never know as I slept. The bad thing is, the monitor picks up every sound – so when they stomped down their little ramp at 5am to eat, it woke me up. Damn it.
It’s a totally good idea I’m getting chickens too, right?
3. You can now order Nutella with your name on it!! Why does this excite me so much? It’s the little things y’all. But – I think you can only buy these in the UK? Not sure they ship here. Link. *kicks dirt* The UK gets ALL the good stuff.
2. Chris Hemsworth won Sexiest Man Alive (eh – I mean he is hot but I think there is hotter) – but did we know there is a THIRD Hemsworth brother??? Luke Hemsworth. The oldest of the three. OH HI LUKE. He has an Instagram...
1. Yay Friday!! Yay Weekend! I don’t think we have any plans, except to clean the garage. I’ll take it. Going to read Alisha Rai’s new book, A Gentleman in the Street. Excited to try it. Have a good weekend!