10. My Week – It’s been rainy here. I’ve been battling crickets and ants all week. I think they are winning so far. I’m ready for the first frost so all the little creatures can disappear until next spring.
9. This has made the rounds of the internet this week, but if you haven’t heard, Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (Book one in her Night Huntress series) is now $1.99 on Kindle or Nook. It also includes some brand new Bonus Material. If you have not read Cat and Bones – this is your chance! You will not be disappointed!
8. M’kay time for a little chat. So Nalini Singh is an amazing author. Easily one of my top five favorites. I adore both her Psy/Changeling series and her Guild Hunter series. She is a must read – period. But why oh why does her Psy/Changeling series get these horrible covers? WHY? Tangle of Need is her next Psy release (due out in hardcover May 29th). It is Riaz and Adria’s story.
Now – I knew I could count on my friends to do a little digging and Spaz and Bells came through for me. The cover model’s name is Francis Cura, and while perusing some of his other…poses…we came across this one.
*fluffs hair* Oh, well hello there. Here is a LINK to his site with some other shots. Does this redeem the cover? Not really – but I am counting down the days to May 29th!!
7. Chloe Neill has unveiled her new cover for Biting Cold, book 6 in her Chicagoland Vampire series due out next August.
6. Ooooh…Pretty new cover for Sacrificial Magic by Stacia Kane, book 4 in her Downside series out March 27, 2012. Want a sneak peek at a Chess and Terrible scene from Sacrificial Magic? Go HERE. And remember, book one, Unholy Ghosts is still $.99 on Kindle and Nook.
5. Ilona Andrews has released a snippet from Gunmetal Magic, which will be Andrea’s book set in Kate Daniel’s world out next year. Go HERE to read it. I haven’t read it yet..tell me if it is good! ;)
3. I was lurking on Twitter last night,(shocking I know) and I saw this link from @NicolePeeler. I died laughing. Tyra Banks has written a YA paranormal book of sorts. Who knew? It’s called Moddelland. The heroine’s name is Tookie De La Crème. Do I need to go on?
2. I just received Men Out of Uniform for review yesterday. OH HI SEXY COVER. How can I resist this one? When I tweeted about it, I was informed that is Paul Marron on the cover. (Thanks Ann!) After a little google action, I realized Paul Marron has been on a ton of covers – Take a look from the ROOB blog:
1. This weekend, besides reading, my boys have soccer and I’m getting together with some girlfriends to have wine and watch Bridesmaids that has just been released on DVD. I hear it is funny! Happy Friday!!