9. Yes, that is a cartoon picture of Ilona Andrews with horns. I didn’t make it! She has it on her blog. I used it because the cover of Gunmetal Magic has not yet been released, but they have put chapter one on their blog! This will be Andrea’s book (in the Kate Daniels world – we are not getting a Kate Daniels book in 2012. It’s okay, we can all hold hands and cry a little together) No, I’m excited for this book – I really like Andrea (and pretty much anything these authors write). For chapter one go here and here. Gunmetal Magic will be released July 31.
8. Fans of Carolyn Crane’s Disillusionists series get excited. She is releasing a novella just for Simon, Devil’s Luck!! Hooray! Due to release early next week. The blurb:
No wager is too outrageous for Simon Fitzgerald, the most reckless of the Disillusionists. His dark secrets drive him to take increasingly extreme risks, but he’s never lived so quite so dangerously as when he hooks up with Midcity’s most powerful prognosticator.
Fawna Brady is tormented by the destinies she sees for those around her. To Fawna, knowledge of the future is a cage she’d do anything to escape. She’s stunned to discover a taste of the freedom for which she yearns at the side of Simon, the one person in the world who despises everything she is, everything she stands for.
Simon’s defiant attitude toward destiny captivates Fawna, but will her love destroy him? And will Simon rush headlong into the delicious doom she offers?
7. Lots of new covers were released this week. Some of the highlights are above. Run the Risk by Lori Foster is out this October. Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks is out this September. And Echoes at Dawn by Maya Banks is out this July.
I also can’t wait to read the new contemps by Jessica Clare, aka Jill Myles (aka Jessica Sims). Oh I like it already. The Girl’s Guide to (Man)Hunting will be released this May. For more info go HERE.
6. On Monday, at 1pm EST, I will be having a Twitter chat with author Molly Harper. Her new book, Nice Girls Don’t Bite Their Neighbors comes out on Tuesday! I adore this series (Jane Jameson) – the books are always guaranteed to make me laugh. So get your questions ready for Molly Harper and follow us on Twitter – @smexybooks and @mollyharperauth. See you on Monday!
5. It was announced this week that JK Rowling will be writing another book – this time for adults. Taken from this article:
“Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry’s success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life.”
No details as to what the book will be about or release date yet. I’m excited and very curious.
3. You can now print out your own Downton Abbey paper dolls. Including – Matthew’s good luck charm and a dead Mr. Pamuk. *DIES of laughter*
What about Thomas and O’Brien’s “evil soap” and “evil flour”?” Ha!
And of course we can’t leave out the fabulous Dowager Countess. I love these.
2. Happy Birthday to Alan Rickman who turned 66 this week. He still gives me a total lady boner – especially when I hear him read Shakespeare. *swoons* *melts* *falls down dead*.
(Alan Rickman probably doesn’t approve of the term “lady boner”.” Sorry Mr. Rickman)
And while we are on the topic of boners…I posted this pic of Channing Tatum on facebook recently, and someone pointed out that he could basically play ANY romance hero. Sports? Yep, he has a basketball. Military? He has the army duffel going on. Cowboy? Yep he has a hat. I bet he looks mighty fine in a suit too. And if anyone had any question….
1. I’m continuing with the Harry Dreseden series with Fool Moon (bk 2) this weekend. I’m listening to them (and I know I’ve said this but James Marsters is the best narrator!!!) Have a happy Friday!