10. This is my “fun read” this week, St. Nacho’s by ZA Maxfield. I think the only other story I’ve read by her is her short in a Carina Press holiday anthology (which I liked). I met her at AAD last year she is a lot of fun. I’m excited to finally be starting this book. Any other ZA Maxfield recs?
9.Cute picture for a shirt, yes? This and many other book related products can be found at a site called, Gone Reading. In their words:
Gone Reading International LLC, a philanthropic enterprise founded in 2011, markets a line of products for readers and book lovers under the GoneReading brand name. The company donates 100% of after-tax profits to provide new funding for libraries around the world.
Our current product offering includes bookish t-shirts for women and men, book lights for printed books and eReaders, book club gifts, library-themed gifts and more. Our product line is expanding quickly, so check back often!
And as a special present to the Smexy Books readers, if you enter this code at checkout SMEXYBOOKS25, you get 25% off your purchase (except for bookends). This code is good for the next month, so get shopping! Check out all of their items, HERE.
8. New covers and book news! The cover above, Gunmetal Magic is for Andrea’s book in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. Woo and Hoo! I’m excited for this one, comes out this July.
7. Also, one of my favorite authors, Kate Noble just announced her e-book only novella, The Dress of the Season will be out April 3rd! The same day her next novel, If I Fall will be released. Excited. I love her books.
6. Not sure if you know this, but I’m not a huge fan of Fifty Shades of Grey. As in,I DNF’d it about halfway in. We won’t get into why. LOL. The reason I bring this up is because Jessica from Read React Review has a great post asking for strong erotic romances that have similar themes as the Fifty series. If you browse through the comments I think you will find some fab recs. I’m always on the lookout for a well done erotic.
5. So I love Real Housewives of any county. True story. I’m a Bravo TV Hussy. I admit it. Recently, Saturday Night Live did a Real Housewives of Disney skit. Go HERE to see the full version. SO funny. Cinderella kills me. omg. LOL
Speaking of Real Housewives, I was up in New York City last weekend, and guess who was sitting at the table next to me at dinner? The cast of Real Housewives of New Jersey (minus Teresa and Joe). So I waited until their husbands left to go do whatever, and asked for a pic. They were very nice to pose with me.
*giggles* Oh, and Chace Crawford from Gossip Girl was in the bar, but I had to go to the bathroom, and when I came back he was gone. I failed. I know! Had the best time in NYC though. I need to go back soon.
4. This is my dream picnic table. Remove the center slat, screw in a gutter (<— Omg a gutter), and YES! An ice bucket picnic table. Filled with wine and beer. I’m so doing this. LOL. See, I can go from classy NYC restaurant to redneck ice bucket picnic table with a snap of my fingers. (source)
1. This weekend I’m reading If I Fall by Kate Noble and finishing up St. Nacho’s. We are also going to Elementary School Bingo night on Saturday. I shall then come home and drink one of the above. It looks delicious. Happy Friday!