We made it another week! And to September. How’d most of this year fly by?
10. Kitty Scarlett made it back on the Top Ten. This week was rough for her. My folks were visiting and KS doesn’t do well around a lot of people for extended periods of time. She looks too ridiculous in this photo to not share.
9. The Highwomen album released today! I’ve been streaming it all day! I love Maren Morris. And I’ve been obsessed with Brandi Carlile since I saw her on the Grammy’s earlier this year. My musical interests are all over the place, but I am here for more female supergroups. Anyone else excited about this?
8. My friend Eisreading tweeted about the new fall nail polish, aka Scotland collection, colors by OPI. I think I love them all. I don’t get manicures (nailbiter/picker) but I do get pedis. I hope my salon gets these colors.
7. RWA announced two big things. The site of the 2022 conference will be in DC. Technically it will be at a resort in Maryland. But as someone who lives an hour of DC, I am extra excited.
RWA also announced their election results for the upcoming board. Congrats to all the new folks on the RWA board!
6. Friday Follow Recommendation- Are you on Instagram? If so, I highly recommend following Feminist_Romance. She’s a New Zealander who talks feminism and romance and I basically love her. She says lots of things that I think but don’t have enough time to post.
5. Hallmark released their Christmas movie schedule. Lifetime did too. I love Christmas romance movies. I know that Hallmark is struggles with lack of diversity in their movies, but I seem them making changes, albeit slowly. I can’t wait to watch them all!
4. RomBkPod: Inclusively Yours– A new podcast launched this week. It’s hosted by some of my friends, Ana Coqui, Danie, Sarah Jean and Meka. The first episode came out this week. It was about education in Romance and it was wonderful! If you’re a podcast listener, I recommend this podcast.
3. My kid is all grown so back to school has no impact on my life anymore. But I absolutely LOVE seeing pictures of all friends kids going back to school. So thank you to all my romance Facebook friends for posting pics of your kids. It makes this sort of empty nester so happy. I also really loved seeing photos of Princess Charlotte going to her first day of school.
2. Lizzo is on the cover of Elle and she looks freaking amazing. Looks like Smexy is slowly becoming a Lizzo stan site. You’re welcome.
1. My sister saw a post on IG for knitted pumpkins, I rushed out and bought the yarn (because that is what sisters so, right) and this fairly simple 30 row pattern has been on my needles all week. I hope to finish it this weekend.