We made it another week folks! Here’s some of the things that I saw floating around the internet this week.
10 . Did y’all see this baking fail? Someone tried to make Peppa Pig and missed the mark just a smidge. It gave me a chuckle though.
9. Penguin Random House posted the cutest video of penguins visiting their warehouse.
8. I saw this tweet of romance themed make-up and it’s wonderful. I wish I had half the amount of creativity as this person.
7. Alyssa Cole announced this week that she wrote a thriller! I don’t read a lot of thrillers, but I am going to have to give this a try!
6. Last weekend I went on a movie date with myself and saw Hustlers. I really enjoyed it. Jennifer Lopez was really good. And she did a laugh that reminded me of her laugh in Selena. I went in not really knowing anything about the movie and I found the whole store intriguing. At the core it’s about complicated female friendships and I love that! Have you seen it?
5. I am generally kind of bad at consuming media on an ongoing basis (as evidenced by how I watch TV shows, listen to podcasts and then just stop) It’s my only flaw. I’ve been trying to make an effort though to listen to some podcasts while at work. I found two new romance centric ones- Shelf Love and Tea-N-Strumpets. Tea N Strumpets is more historical focused.
4. There was a tweet floating around about a person that met their partner because their cat kept sneaking out. It is a super cute story and reminded me of Anyone but You by Jennifer Crusie. And it made me wonder why the heck Kitty Scarlett hasn’t facilitated a meet cute for me yet. I will let her know there is still time.
This was posted in one of my cat groups today and where is my Netflix Christmas special?! pic.twitter.com/7hsKu6mGK3— Emily Ellsworth Coleman (@editoremilye) September 18, 2019
3. So it’s secret time, I’ve never read fan fiction. See item above how I’m bad at consuming media, especially TV, ongoing series and movies. I know what fan fiction is, I’ve just never been inclined to look it up. Well this week on the twitter I got involved in a conversation about fan fiction and I am currently working through some Gilmore Girls fan fic. Right now I am reading a story about Jess being a single dad. I have some Rory/Paris fan fic saved to read next. Do you read fan fiction? What kind?
2. Did y’all know there is a romance subreddit? It’s called r/RomanceBooks and I love going over there and seeing what folks are talking about. I find the conversations to be engaging and interesting. It feels a little more intimate than Facebook because some of the groups I belong to have thousands of members and can feel overwhelming. Do you use Reddit?
1- I bet you were getting worried about whether or not Lizzo would make an appearance on the Top Ten and well Lizzo is not one to disappoint! I found this late last night and was super excited about it. Seriously, a library using Lizzo & Truth Hurts for book blurbs. LOVE IT!!! They even have downloadable bookmarks.
Thanks for joining us for another Top Ten! Have a great Friday y’all.