10. Winter is starting to creep in to Maryland and I am not ready. It took me all of last week to adjust to the time change. Kitty Scarlett is taking up residence on an ottoman in front of the radiator. She’s living her life right and I am jealous.
9. Wednesday night the CMAs were on and I stayed awake until 11pm to watch them. I have sorted of listened to country music for many years but only recently come to terms with my enjoyment of it. But I am disappointed in the lack of women and women centric bands on country radio. I am interested in listening to more country by women but it’s oddly hard to find. Just this morning I asked Spotify for Ashley McBryde and I got one song my her and then some songs by men. I’m at the point in my life where I’m really interested in finding and supporting creatives works that were created by the feminine energy (to quote Kacey Musgraves). Anyway, find me on the Twitter and rec me some great country by women.
8. My friends at Maryland Romance Writers are doing their annual auction and they have some fantastic items up for grabs. A ten-page manuscript critique from Sonali Dev is currently priced at $30. It is making me wish I was an author that had a manuscript that needed to be reviewed.
7. The holidays are right around the corner. I found these snarky parody posts from “Ina Garten” and they made me laugh out loud.
6. Speaking of holidays, Linda Holmes, the pop culture reporter/romance author at NPR posted a list of all the holiday movies this season. I think I need to print it out and highlight the ones I really want to watch. Christmas in Louisana is on this weekend and stars Jana Kramer and Percy Daggs III, aka Wallace from Veronica Mars. I will definitely be watching that one.
5. My friends over at #RomBkPod posted their latest episode with the themes of enemies to lovers and politics in Romance. Meka and Melinda are a delight to listen to. Melinda recced some books by Chanel Cleeton and it made me mad at myself that I didn’t think to mention Next Year in Havana and When We Left Cuba as recommendations on the episode I taped with Ana.
4. Some beautiful covers were revealed this week.
Love in Panels posted the cover for Mangos and Mistletoe by Adriana Herrera
3. Not a cover reveal but Smart Bitches Trashy Books had a fun IG post about the cover for an upcoming book by Annabeth Albert.
2. Author Roxane Gay is engaged to Debbie Millman. I follow Roxane on all the social media and love her incredibly smart and insightful commentary on the world. I love her IG stories about her little pans. I saw that she recently got engaged and it makes me so happy.
1. Netflix has a 6 part series about Selena coming out next year and I AM HERE FOR IT.