I am putting this list together on Wednesday night. Thursday evening is my work’s holiday celebration. A few of us are going to a margarita bar before the official work party. I broke up with tequila about tens years ago, but I occasionally indulge in a marg or too. If you saw being ridiculous on IG or Twitter Thursday night, you’ll know I got too cozy with the tequila.
10. Did you know that RWA gives an award for “the nonfiction work, in print or other mass medium, that best depicts the romance genre in a positive light.” It is called The Veritas Media Award and anyone can nominate someone. There are tons of folks in romancelandia putting in amazing work to showcase the romance genre in a positive light.
9. In other RWA news, they have launched a RAMP, Romance Author Mentorship Program. It is modeled similar to the #pitchwars program. I love reading tweets on #pitchwars day and I will be interested to see how RWA does with this program.
8. Wouldn’t be a Top Ten if we didn’t mention our friends over at #RomBkPod. They got a great new logo and their new episode is up now.
7. Um, this is supposed to be a Christmas tree?!
6. Is being cliterate something you are interested in? If so, you should be following Karelia Stetz-Waters on Twitter. Not only is she a romance writer who writes f/f romance novels, but she tweets a lot about being cliterate. I feel like this is a subject I people with clits are taught enough about.
5. Are you a fiber artist of any sort? Browngyrlknits posted about a stash down for 2020. I already have too much yarn and I did really well on 2019 and only bought minimally. I am going to continue that in 2020 as well. If you are a fiber artist and thinking of doing this, look for #stashdown2020 on Instagram.
4. This article cracks me up every time I see it floating around the internet. Click the photo to link to the satirical article.
3. Have you seen this Christmas song medley with Kacey Musgraves and James Corden? It’s worth the few minutes to watch it. (edit: to fix link)
2. I feel like it has been a while since I shared a picture of Kitty Scarlett. Earlier this week she was pretending to be a lioness. A potato lioness. It was a near perfect video and I can’t help but share it with you.
1 You probably forgot that Smexy had turned in to a Lizzo fan account, but Lizzo is back this week to claim her rightful top spot on our list.
That’s all for today folks! We’ll have the wrap up tomorrow and back on Monday with new content.